Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To celebrate the 4th of July, I decided to go try and catch a bucket list fish of mine, the grayling. I got up to the lake and about 8am, and put the kayak in. I wanted to head up to the inlet, and decided to troll on the way. Almost immediately I hooked up with my first grayling. Even in pictures it is hard to do these beautiful fish justice. The colors on them are amazing and the oversized fins really stunning. After trolling for a bit, and catching and releasing some fish, I ended up in the middle of the lake with grayling rising all around (the water was 90' deep). I pulled out the fly rod and they readily took the dry flies for some excellent top water action.

I did finally end up near the inlet, which was pretty packed with fisherman both on the shore and belly boats. I personally did not have any luck near there. But in the open water, I had a blast.

I finished up the weekend with some night fishing for bass. While the length was good on this guy, he was really skinny. Makes me wonder if the forage in this pond is not healthy.

All and all a great weekend fishing.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Very cool.. I haven't ever caught one either... that first pic is sweeeet!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Good stuff thanks!...wow there is a fish in this state that Hobie hasnt caught...go to Joe Wright the place is filthy with them...

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Congrats on the bucket list.

I look forward to my first as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts