Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent several days in the Ozarks on the Buffalo National River. Beautiful river lined by high limestone cliffs. Fished from a jon boat, motored up from confluence with White River 10 miles then drifted down. All smallmouth bass, from 14 to 19 inches, about 40 fish per day, with many quality 16" plus. All catch and release, used Z-man jig rig, what they call "Ned Rig". Also fished White, which a tailwater stream with big rainbows, got one 22" on Prince nymph under a Parachute Adams. Can't wait to go back.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Awesome Dr.! Nice smallmouth action. The Buffalo is a beautiful river. I would also suggest Eleven Point River or the Current River in southern Missouri. Lacking many of the cliffs and bluffs that the Buffalo, White and Mulberry offer in Arkansas. I have lived in NW Arkansas for almost 2 years now and not looking forward to leaving.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Beautiful area! I have family in the Flippin area and actually lived there for a couple years circa 1992-1993. Mainly fished Bull Shoals lake.. Way too many ticks in AR though!! LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts