Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the Channel 7 website this AM and found an article talking about BUI Check Points this coming weekend on and around Chatfield Lake.
Since, I had never heard of the term "BUI", I thought that the writer of the article had made a typo error. Then, I read the article and found out that BUI is the abbrevation for "Boating Under the Influence".
Don't know if Chatfield is the only lake that this is happening around..........article didn't say.
Cody

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
good to hear about some enforcement

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
That makes me very happy! But one question how do they do a "boat side sobriety test"? Make them swim in a straight line? Stand on the bottom and balance on one foot?

Dan

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
They said on the radio this morning that there are going to be 4 officers at Pueblo, doing BUI checks. A side note as well there will be alot of DUI check points this weekend, so drink responsibly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
:D
Dan...your pretty funny!!

That's like the old joke about being ticketed for jaywalking....

"Officer? Are you going to take away my shoes, and send me to walking school?"

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dan, I have to admit, that was pretty funny what you wrote/ask about the "sobriety test".
I guy at work told me that he saw a guy get busted at a lake he was fishing at. He didn't tell me how the Officer did the "test", but did say that the guy was taken off of his boat, cuffed and his boat towed into shore.
Looks like these Officers can get pretty darn serious about "busting" someone.
Cody
P.S. The wife and I thinks that this is a very good thing, since drinking to much and driving a boat can be pretty dangerous to other boaters.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Really, If they can smell it on you, they can bust you, ( or I guess if you stand up & fall into the lake!) The news tonight had a big report. The officers said they were stoping every 5th boat they saw. They'd pull up to the boat, ask if you've been drinking anything, then leave. This one guy they were interviewing was obivously hammered, cus he didn't have his flag, then when he found it , kept fiddleing with it. The ranger said " I thought for sure I'd smell something on him" but he didn't.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I seen the news people on the Ranger's boats yesterday afternoon at Chatfield and they were checking every 5th boat. However, it seemed that they were only checking the ones coming into the no wake zone toward the beach.

It appeared that they were just doing the BUI thing for the cameras.

I was glad that they were out there though.

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts