Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After popping 100's of holes chasing perch with Dropshots M18/6" Mora im sold. Got the clam plate for $50. Already have the Mora 6".

Now I need the meat of the situation. The drill. M18 Fuel with 2- 4 A/h BATTS IS $229. 3YR. WARRANTY ON THE DRILL.

Ridgid is $179, comes with 2- 2.0 A/H batts. LIFETIME warranty on the drill and batts.

These are both the brushless motor hammer drills.

Can get a ridgid 2-pak of 4 A/H batts for $99.
So now im at $279.

Or I can get the Ridgid gen5 hammer drill/ impact driver combo with 2- 4.0 A/H batts for $279.

Hmm-

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Dude, talk to your boy Boon... that guy will find a way for one of the companies to pay you to use their drill... he has mad skills when it comes to finding super deals.... and he has also done the research on the best drill for the buck.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Get the M18 Fuel with the 4 A/h batteries. I have never even used the second battery on any trips so far. You might consider adding the extension for the plate, making a little easier on your back and for thicker ice. I think the Pikester has an extra one for $15.

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive read all kinds of info on iceshanty, and here, the Fuel seems like its very good. I worked construction back in the day and Milwaukee was always good stuff.

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
I ordered the same deal on the Fuel the other day, should be here in a couple more days. I originally had the Kobalt 20v but needed a new drill for the house so it is going to my shop and use the Fuel for the ice, had the best reviews from everything I've read. Boon is taking my last extension but BPS had them the last time I was there a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
If you can afford the Fuel, GET IT!! That thing is an absolute beast.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Fool you should no better then buying Homeowner grade tools or have you forgotten your blue collar days. Really the only time I have to replace Milwaukee tools is from being stolen from the jobsite.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
My bro went with the Fuel but he has it paired up with a 6" Nils. Butter. One of the homies is going to let his Prius go at the end of the year and go with the Nils combo (Orange 6").

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats cool. I dont need the extension I will use this setup for chasing panfish mostly metro stuff ice wont get much thicker than what weve seen this year. Or early 11-mile when the ice is only 4-8" anyways.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Thats cool. I dont need the extension I will use this setup for chasing panfish mostly metro stuff ice wont get much thicker than what weve seen this year. Or early 11-mile when the ice is only 4-8" anyways.
Slayer... if you get the Fuel, you will abandon every other auger you own... it has the power to handle 11 mile ice with an 8" bit.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Have to imagine in another 5 years the big name Auger manufacturing companys will really be hurting. You can build a auger cheaper, lighter and faster then the current Gas or electric ( Gator etc ) and have a cordless drill to use around the house the rest of the year.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Think the ridgid deal may be over... Few people got on if
$100 for the brushless impact drill and 7 1/4" saw
A 4ah batt and a 2ah battery
Used it at twin through 14-20" of ice. Killed it and that was with a 7" mora.
Very impressed but if you can't get that deal get the new fuel for sure.

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
The extension isn't for thick ice Mike, the clam set up is kinda short even for us lil guys so the extension helps from having to bend over which helps a lot if you're fishing around Dani!

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont have that problem fishing with Dropshot-

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
The Fuel is the truth.

I got 60+ holes out of one 5ah battery with a 7" auger in 8-9" of ice. I had full power until the last hole - at which point the battery just switched off. Pretty remarkable.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts