Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when you decide you're tired of being shore trash but you don't have a garage to put a kayak or a boat because you live in the northglenn village green zoo...

Cut the board out last night... Next is halving the floorboard, polyurethane treatment and carpeting before adding hinges for easy transport... Looking to put in a stool after that and adding a trolling mount/motor... And fish finder. Hoping to have it ready for the dike 1 boat parade end of October.

PS - thanks Dallas for the lookout on the boat boot. Also I have the template of the floor for cutting out if anyone has the same type of raft...in case anyone wants to do the same thing.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Nice Dave! Glad I found it for you.

Not going to lie it took some effort to find a place that had it in stock but I needed a break from work and it was a fun challenge.

How long is it? It looks pretty big in the photo (that's what she said)

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave,

Would this works for the motor mount? It's your if you want it. I live in Westminster.
I'll take it off your hands to try it out for sure! PM me details

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
So did you do anything to the edges of the wood besides sanding to make sure it doesn't eventually wear through the material of the raft? Or does that not look like a problem? Did you have to figure the template out or are there templates for common rafts out there?

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So did you do anything to the edges of the wood besides sanding to make sure it doesn't eventually wear through the material of the raft? Or does that not look like a problem? Did you have to figure the template out or are there templates for common rafts out there?
I sanded it real good with a belt sander... And I'm gonna treat it with polyurethane this week, and carpet the edges with some outdoor carpeting.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I sanded it real good with a belt sander... And I'm gonna treat it with polyurethane this week, and carpet the edges with some outdoor carpeting.
You could also get the foam pipe insulation(maybe the stuff sized for 3/4" pipe) and run that along the edges. Looks like a solid project - is your plan to be able to stand up in it? If so, have you considered a leaning bar?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
You could also get the foam pipe insulation(maybe the stuff sized for 3/4" pipe) and run that along the edges. Looks like a solid project - is your plan to be able to stand up in it? If so, have you considered a leaning bar?
Have you considered installing a bar stocked with miniatures?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts