Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Mogul- I know what your saying about a trolling motor vs a 300 hp but you can't make it subjective because then the law becomes whatever the ranger feels like doing. What should he do if its a 5 hp on a 12 ft jon boat.

It needs to be the same for everyone. Sometimes that makes it silly but technically you can get a DUI for moving your auto from the driveway to the garage-now that's silly.
Exactly, one can get a DUI if the car keys are within reach and your in the vehicle.

Under the influence is under the influence.

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
Yeah because that guy that is drifting around in his float tube at ATown that just took a little puff poses a real danger to zman's little red bathtub...

:confused2:
Think I really give a **** about my POS little red bath tub boat as you call it?...my family and friends who frequent crowded metro lakes and are put in harms way of some drunk or stoned ******* in an over powered ski boat, jet ski, walleye or bass boat is another matter...every year there is some drunk ******* that thought he could handle it an you see his family on 9 news crying and pleading for JonBob cuz JonBob didnt mean it and Jon isnt a bad guy...well he should of gotten his head of his ass before he got it out of the bottle and now you are going to add amateur weed hour out on lake cuz its legal...hope its not you and your young son some one runs over cuz its a big joke and most real men can "handle it" and its not that big of a deal...whats so hard about being a grown up and doing what your supposed to do?...I got no time for drunks/stoners behind any powered vehicles...not if it puts my family and friends in harms way...

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Think I really give a **** about my POS little red bath tub boat as you call it?...my family and friends who frequent crowded metro lakes and are put in harms way of some drunk or stoned ******* in an over powered ski boat, jet ski, walleye or bass boat is another matter...every year there is some drunk ******* that thought he could handle it an you see his family on 9 news crying and pleading for JonBob cuz JonBob didnt mean it and Jon isnt a bad guy...well he should of gotten his head of his ass before he got it out of the bottle and now you are going to add amateur weed hour out on lake cuz its legal...hope its not you and your young son some one runs over cuz its a big joke and most real men can "handle it" and its not that big of a deal...whats so hard about being a grown up and doing what your supposed to do?...I got no time for drunks/stoners behind any powered vehicles...not if it puts my family and friends in harms way...

Bingo.

Though maybe Atown should be stoned okay lake, electric only. Everything moves a little slower.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
I am so sick of all the anti weed crybabies screaming that society is going to hell in a handbasket now that it is legal for rec use. Pull you fucking heads out of your asses. There will be no increase in the number of ppl that use MMJ, it doesn't work that way. Worry about alcohol for once please because it KILLS people, alot of them. It ruins lives and breaks up families.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
You can take bassboats out of your rant because it is very rare you will ever see an owner of a bassboat drinking alcohol unless his boat is on the trailer.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
Also, don't get me wrong here. I freaking hate drunk idiots on the water or on the road. I fish Chatty all summer so I know wtf it's like I see it everytime I am out there on the weekends. All pleasure boaters and lake lice can kiss my ass anyway, add booze and they are better off dead IMO.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I am so sick of all the anti weed crybabies screaming that society is going to hell in a handbasket now that it is legal for rec use. Pull you fucking heads out of your asses. There will be no increase in the number of ppl that use MMJ, it doesn't work that way. Worry about alcohol for once please because it KILLS people, alot of them. It ruins lives and breaks up families.
Hate to go off topic, but we already seem to be there. Do you really think that the number of people getting high will not change with the legalization of MMJ? You are saying that the fact that it was illegal and had many more barriers to purchase was not a deterrant?

I am not making a judgement on it here, but there is NO WAY that marijuana use will not increase now that it is legal.

And it is completely reasonable to be concerned about the effect that is going to have on our roads and waterways. As others have said, I am not worried about it at and electric only Aurora Reservoir. But I am concerned about peoples impaired judgment on the drive home from the lake, or their control of a powerboat on all the already overcrowded front range lakes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Longdraw-

Who do you see getting checked more on the water/ramp by CPW? Fisherman or the pleasure boaters and lake lice?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
You can take bassboats out of your rant because it is very rare you will ever see an owner of a bassboat drinking alcohol unless his boat is on the trailer.
It is not what you own that makes you more responsible.

That is like saying those that drive fords don't drink unless they are home.

Sorry longdraw that does not make sense to me.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
Longdraw-

Who do you see getting checked more on the water/ramp by CPW? Fisherman or the pleasure boaters and lake lice?
Pleasure boaters by far. Occasionally a fishing boat that is already suspect will get checked. The rangers are aware of who is responsible and who is not. They are out there every day.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
It is not what you own that makes you more responsible.

That is like saying those that drive fords don't drink unless they are home.

Sorry longdraw that does not make sense to me.
Sorry dude but it is the truth. You can add Walleye boats to the group too. These Anglers are held to a higher standard by the management agencies and are seen as stewards of the resource. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule though.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Sorry dude but it is the truth. You can add Walleye boats to the group too. These Anglers are held to a higher standard by the management agencies and are seen as stewards of the resource. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule though.
this is getting off topic, sorry to OP.

For the reasons you have given you cannot exclude any one group. Rare or not.
There are DB's in every walk of life.

·
Registered
951 Posts
What about all the fat dudes on dopamine because they are stuffing donuts and other sugary crap down their throats? Certainly they could get some frosting in their eyes and run over some innocent person trying to enjoy the great outdoors in the middle of Denver. I mean one time I saw a guy drop a cookie as he was running full throttle across Lone Tree and if there had been someone else on the lake they could have gotten run over...blah blah blah blah.

STAY HOME YOU WEENIES! >:D I'll run a 250 hp Verado right over your bobbing ass!

Just kidding...:-*

I need to go fishing....:biggrin1:

P.S. Take breath mints, slow troll, and use vaporizers to not get busted...

21 - 40 of 117 Posts