Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
for all you nay sayers out there about pot I have one question for you,,,, have you ever tried it??? if not then you really have no leg to stand on you have no idea what you are talking about and really should keep your mouth shut until you educate your self. Alcohol kills more people every year then guns, smoking, or even auto accidents!!! how many of you have ever been on the lake fishing drinking a few beers and drive home????? your thinking that pot is somehow going to increase boat accidents or crashes on the way home is asinine and shows how little you really know about weed!!! i'm not advocating getting drunk or high and go nuts while on the water or on the road but what is wrong with relaxing fishing and smoking a little weed or having a few beers that is the point is it not???? Just because you don't do it dose not make those of us that do any worse then you!!! point is this BE RESPONSIBLE AND KNOW YOUR LIMIT!!!! And if you can not do that then stay the hell home!!!!!
problem is people don't "know their limit" its called a behavioral tolerance. The brain effects aren't any different and the person still has slowed reactions, but they are used to being that drunk or stoned. They think they can drive just fine but they cant.

Im not against pot use or drinking, just be responsible. Like not when you're driving a car or a boat. If you cant handle that, you shouldn't be allowed to use it period.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
If you use pot, alcohol or what ever and can’t control your intake so as not to impair your ability to function suffer the consequences. If you are a danger to others in a boat or car you be arrested.
The problem is that we all think we have it under control and we don’t. I’m sure a lot of us have been there.

Most of the drunks on the lake will eventually get behind the wheel to go home.

The driving, boating while high and being caught will add more revenue to the coffers for our leaders to waste.

Per zman
Lakes are crowded enuf without drunk and stoned idiots running people over...or nearly running them over...and make a class in boating operation /rules/regs/trailering required for boat ownership to get rid of those idiots too...we do it for cars...you should have basic knowledge...not just the ability to write a check.

As stated a drivers license is easy to get and if you can write the check a boa t also. You don’t have to know how to back the boat up, launch or retrieve it or the rules for safe boating.

Since I’m ranting how about this one:
John Doe has driven a sub compact car for years and decides to go RVing. He can write the check but couldn’t par k the damn thing between the lines in an empty parking lot.

America isn’t it great.

It’s all about the money.

I have witnessed as I’m sure a lot of you have the moron boat owner and the stupid RV owner. I have backed trailers down the ramp for people, backed their RV’S into camping spots for them.

Now if they think they can operate a boat or an RV when they couldn’t back up the VW and then we add being impaired.

CHA CHING!!!!

What ever you do to break the law it is up to the officer on the scene to decide how to handle it.

Rant Over.
So what about the boat or RV owners that know how to operate their boat and back it up or put it on the trailer properly? You think that those people wouldn't be able to do those things if they are high? Im sure we have all witnessed the idiots on the water who can barely dock their boat, but that isn't the majority of boaters.MOST people who own a boat take extremely good care of it so if they were to get high chances are they will be more cautious because, like stated in the article I posted earlier, when a person gets high they are aware of how high they are and they will USUALLY slow it down and adjust to the circumstances to stay safe. Obviously there are people out there who could be a threat if really stoned but the majority of people who smoke weed are not a threat. Most the people who would be smoking on the water have managed to get a decent boat pay to register it, pay for park pass etc.., they probably did so with a decent job that they have managed to keep while most likely smoking regularly, they likely know what they are doing and aren't going to put their boat in danger.

I am referring to people out on the water fishing only when I say this, I don't think its safe to smoke if someone is out there on there big speed boat or wakeboard boat. If you are out on the water to **** around and go fast then you shouldn't be smoking or drinking, but the average fisherman is either trolling around or they only drive to their spot and back to the dock

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hahahaha, were the people doing the studies also high?

I agree with you, there is no reason to text while driving either, along with being drunk or high. I don't want MY family's life at risk on the road (or lake) because some other idiot thinks they are in control when they really aren't...how hard is that to undertand?
Whether or not you guys want to believer it, there have been numerous driving tests in many different countries about driving effects of MJ. And not by pot advocacy groups or organizations like NORML. By actual driver safety organizations. Look it up. It has to do with the paranoia... a driver thats paranoid about gettin a ticket or getting into an accident, doesn't speed, roll stop signs, they wait 2 seconds to enter an intersection etc. I certainly don't advocate driving inflenced by anything but the data is there, not just driving safer than drunk, but driving safer than sober.

It's not hard to understand at all. I don't want my son at risk either,... wife ,... welll,.... I guess not her either ;) Doesn't make his statement about driving better stoned untrue though... sorry is what it is.

As far as not having a couple beers out on the lake while I'm fishing (or anything else within the law for that matter), you gotta a problem with me doing that,... go blow a goat :thumb: ;D

Just sayin.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Whether or not you guys want to believer it, there have been numerous driving tests in many different countries about driving effects of MJ. And not by pot advocacy groups or organizations like NORML. By actual driver safety organizations. Look it up. It has to do with the paranoia... a driver thats paranoid about gettin a ticket or getting into an accident, doesn't speed, roll stop signs, they wait 2 seconds to enter an intersection etc. I certainly don't advocate driving inflenced by anything but the data is there, not just driving safer than drunk, but driving safer than sober.

It's not hard to understand at all. I don't want my son at risk either,... wife ,... welll,.... I guess not her either ;) Doesn't make his statement about driving better stoned untrue though... sorry is what it is.

As far as not having a couple beers out on the lake while I'm fishing (or anything else within the law for that matter), you gotta a problem with me doing that,... go blow a goat :thumb: ;D

Just sayin.
Or, you can blow for the ranger. Then if your legal, your legal, if you're not, you can fill us in on the BUI process...

As for not being safer :

"She noted that several researchers, working independently, have come up with the same estimate: a twofold increase in the risk of an accident if there is any measurable amount of THC in the bloodstream."

Mike Alan September 21, 2013 #

As a pot smoker for 40 years I can tell you 100% fact driving stoned is very dangerous. In the late 1970s when one for the road was normal, driving drunk or stoned was ok. Neither is safe. Driving high kills. Driving drunk kills. Anyone who thinks they drive safe when is fooling themselves because they make this determination while under the influence of a drug. Btw, I smoke pot pretty much everyday and have done so for about almost 40 years.

LMAO and here is what NORML has to say:
"NORML's Board of Directors addressed this issue by ratifying a "no driving" clause to the organization's "Principles of Responsible Cannabis Use"[1] stating, "Although cannabis is said by most experts to be safer with motorists than alcohol and many prescription drugs, responsible cannabis consumers never operate motor vehicles in an impaired condition."

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
I think the logical thing to do here is push for legislation to legalize cocaine. If people were able to sniff a few rails before hopping in their car after drinking or medicating on the lake.... Things like bui's and dui's would be a thing of the past.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I think the logical thing to do here is push for legislation to legalize cocaine. If people were able to sniff a few rails before hopping in their car after drinking or medicating on the lake.... Things like bui's and dui's would be a thing of the past.
Exactly, just got to equalize yourself out!

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I don't know anyone who takes "one puff".
As for drinking 2 beers are driving, they shouldn't be doing that either.
Or, you can blow for the ranger. Then if your legal, your legal, if you're not, you can fill us in on the BUI process...
Most people would be legal if they drank two beers and drove, but you said in this prior post that they shouldn't be doing this either. Then you say in your most recent post above "if your legal, your legal" (sic).

So on the one hand you are saying they shouldn't and on the other you are saying it is OK. Which is it, do you want the US to have laws like Saudi Arabia or not? :tongue:

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Most people would be legal if they drank two beers and drove, but you said in this prior post that they shouldn't be doing this either. Then you say in your most recent post above "if your legal, your legal" (sic).

So on the one hand you are saying they shouldn't and on the other you are saying it is OK. Which is it, do you want the US to have laws like Saudi Arabia or not? :tongue:
Way to take what I say out of context.

People don't know if they are legal or not after 2 beers, most prudent people wont take the risk and risk others lives with something so trivial.

When I replied, "if your legal your legal" it was in response to a jack ass comment of "As far as not having a couple beers out on the lake while I'm fishing (or anything else within the law for that matter), you gotta a problem with me doing that,... go blow a goat "

IOW, don't ***** when your asked to blow because your drinking out on the lake, and a ranger sees you drinking or other people see/smell your drunk ass.

Why is it so hard to be responsible? Why drink two beers and then get in the car/boat and drive. If drinking is that gotdamn important to your life, that you cant go fish without it, stay home and drink, cripppeezzz.

Thanks for playing though and trying to twist around what I said.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Way to take what I say out of context.
Thanks for playing though and trying to twist around what I said.
Ummm, ok...:-\

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Two float tubers out on a lake. One is a pot hating, alcohol hating person. the other has a six pack hanging off his tube in the cool water and is puffing on a joint.

They have a butt on collision.... The pot head says "Sorry man, excuse me. having any luck?" The holier than thou pot hating, alcohol hating guy gets pissed and stabs the pot head in the eyes with his hemostats...

Definately the potheads fault. That degenerate should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Two float tubers out on a lake. One is a pot hating, alcohol hating person. the other has a six pack hanging off his tube in the cool water and is puffing on a joint.

They have a butt on collision.... The pot head says "Sorry man, excuse me. having any luck?" The holier than thou pot hating, alcohol hating guy gets pissed and stabs the pot head in the eyes with his hemostats...

Definately the potheads fault. That degenerate should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Why wouldn't he just stab the float tube, it would be a lot less messy.:smile:

·
Registered
385 Posts

As for not being safer :

"She noted that several researchers, working independently, have come up with the same estimate: a twofold increase in the risk of an accident if there is any measurable amount of THC in the bloodstream."

Mike Alan September 21, 2013 #

As a pot smoker for 40 years I can tell you 100% fact driving stoned is very dangerous. In the late 1970s when one for the road was normal, driving drunk or stoned was ok. Neither is safe. Driving high kills. Driving drunk kills. Anyone who thinks they drive safe when is fooling themselves because they make this determination while under the influence of a drug. Btw, I smoke pot pretty much everyday and have done so for about almost 40 years.

LMAO and here is what NORML has to say:
"NORML's Board of Directors addressed this issue by ratifying a "no driving" clause to the organization's "Principles of Responsible Cannabis Use"[1] stating, "Although cannabis is said by most experts to be safer with motorists than alcohol and many prescription drugs, responsible cannabis consumers never operate motor vehicles in an impaired condition."
NORML is a political action commitee lobbying for MJ use. What do you think there gonna say?

I'd be happy to blow for a ranger anytime as I drink responsibly when nescessary. It's not illegal for people to have a few beers so if you don't like it lobby to change the laws or simply don't go out on a public lake. Or I guess option 3 would be to piss and moan about it on a fishing website.

As for safer driving you don't want to go there, this is from the US National Highway Transportation Saftey Admin. Not some 40 year old stoner in a chat room. There have been a TON of studies that confirm this, TONS in other countries that aren't so media controlled as well. I could post em all day.

In the study, 4AutoInsuranceQuote.com points out that the only significant effect that marijuana has on operating a motor vehicle is slower driving. 4AutoInsuranceQuote.com says, while referencing a study by the US National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA), that driving slower “is arguably a positive thing” and that driving under the influence of marijuana “might even make you a safer driver.” A similar study by the NHTSA shows that drivers with THC (the active ingredient in marijuana) in their system have accident responsibility rates below that of drug free drivers.
In fact, a recent study shows that use of medical marijuana has caused traffic related fatalities to drop by up to nine percent in states that have legalized its use. This study, titled “Medical Marijuana Laws, Traffic Fatalities, and Alcohol Consumption”, conducted by Mark Anderson and Daniel Rees in November 2011, shows that increased marijuana use amongst adults has decreased alcohol related traffic deaths in said states. This study provides solid evidence that marijuana is not only a safe substitute for alcohol, but it also makes for more safer drivers.

I'm sure we could both post 1000 google articles but what would that prove. Bottom line I will certainly be out on the lakes all summer long and will be having a few beers (or any other legal thing) I want to most of those days. You may want to find a new hobby:thumb:

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
NORML is a political action commitee lobbying for MJ use. What do you think there gonna say?

I'd be happy to blow for a ranger anytime as I drink responsibly when nescessary. It's not illegal for people to have a few beers so if you don't like it lobby to change the laws or simply don't go out on a public lake. Or I guess option 3 would be to piss and moan about it on a fishing website.

As for safer driving you don't want to go there, this is from the US National Highway Transportation Saftey Admin. Not some 40 year old stoner in a chat room. There have been a TON of studies that confirm this, TONS in other countries that aren't so media controlled as well. I could post em all day.

In the study, 4AutoInsuranceQuote.com points out that the only significant effect that marijuana has on operating a motor vehicle is slower driving. 4AutoInsuranceQuote.com says, while referencing a study by the US National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA), that driving slower “is arguably a positive thing” and that driving under the influence of marijuana “might even make you a safer driver.” A similar study by the NHTSA shows that drivers with THC (the active ingredient in marijuana) in their system have accident responsibility rates below that of drug free drivers.
In fact, a recent study shows that use of medical marijuana has caused traffic related fatalities to drop by up to nine percent in states that have legalized its use. This study, titled “Medical Marijuana Laws, Traffic Fatalities, and Alcohol Consumption”, conducted by Mark Anderson and Daniel Rees in November 2011, shows that increased marijuana use amongst adults has decreased alcohol related traffic deaths in said states. This study provides solid evidence that marijuana is not only a safe substitute for alcohol, but it also makes for more safer drivers.

I'm sure we could both post 1000 google articles but what would that prove. Bottom line I will certainly be out on the lakes all summer long and will be having a few beers (or any other legal thing) I want to most of those days. You may want to find a new hobby:thumb:
So you put your pleasures above all else? **** everyone else, **** yeah MERICA, now where's my Budweiser.:suspicious:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Why is the concept of responsible drinking so hard for you to grasp people do it EVERY day. Alcohol abuse in your family or something? Just curious. Your hillarious though, lets go fishing, i'll get really drunk and stoned out of my gourd and laugh my ass off... you can drive ;)

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Why is the concept of responsible drinking so hard for you to grasp people do it EVERY day. Alcohol abuse in your family or something? Just curious. Your hillarious though, lets go fishing, i'll get really drunk and stoned out of my gourd and laugh my ass off... you can drive ;)
No abuse in my family. and I'm not against drinking or smoking.

I think you have the issue as to what constitutes responsible use. That's what users have a hard time grasping. Does behavioral tolerance mean anything to you? You don't feel drunk or stoned but the substance, whatever it is, has the same physiological effects on your body and mind. Functioning drunk? Ring a bell?
Drinking/smoking and then driving a boat or car is not responsible use. PERIOD. As you have stated before in this thread, you don't have an issue drinking and driving a boat.

Bellyboat, sure, I don't have an issue with that, speed boat yeah. Where do you draw the line?

101 - 117 of 117 Posts