Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling hooks and other little fishing tackle necessities in those little bitty plastic packs is like selling liquor by the drink. The customer pays a lot more money.

Does anyone know where one can buy fishing hardware items in bulk quantities? Stuff like snaps, swivels, jig heads and bodies, hooks, and the like.

Herter's (anyone remember them?) used to sell tackle items in bulk if you wanted it that way. I used to stop in at their store in Waseca, Minnesota and just go nuts in there. Does anyone still offer stuff in hard-core-fisherman quantities?

Regards, W. E.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i saw a shop in pueblo that had bulk (well 50 packs) fly hooks in a wide veriaty

but other than that im stuck with mail order and the net

it shure would be nice to have a local source

·
Registered
90 Posts
I like eBay. Decent selections of old standards and hot new stuff from all over. For example a search for "jig heads" listed 186 items just now. I particularly like the last years model clearing houses for reels and bulk spools of line - solid name brands deeply discounted.

For hundreds of this & that Jann's Netcraft prices are OK for convenient one stop(catalogue) shopping.

·
Registered
16,652 Posts
Cabelas sells some stuff in large qty's.Swivels come 144 to a pack,egg sinkers come in bulk,They give a deal if you by 3 rods at a time.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Don --- Welcome to the site! As the best angler on this site (by far ;)), I'm pretty much in charge here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'd be happy to help ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Cabelas has acquired Herters and has lots of bulk items. Can't wait till they open the new store on I-70 at 32d. Try Sportsmans Warehouse, Bassmasters and Gander Mountain too.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Yeah,

I'm selling my house and looking for something a little more distant from the new Cabelas. I figure, sell it now or sell it after I'm broke like all other fishy denverites, well after the market collapse of houses proximal to Cabelas.

Just thinking ahead,

Terre

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Give eagle claw a shot they should sell in bulk being a manufacturing plant. Located off I-70 and Stapelton drive.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Jay_In_Parker said:
Who the hell is this Don guy?????

:)

[me=Jay_In_Parker]   [/me]
knock that off you made me spew mountain dew out my nose

good to see some more posts from the other half

M

·
0 Posts
You could check on the internet. I've made a lot of purchases bidding through EBAY.

If you're looking for line, I have bought 2 rolls of 28,000 yard, one stren magnaflex and one stren XT in 6# test, for $27 plus $6 shipping each. I doubted it at first, but the guy said 28,000 yards and said not a misprint. Received 2 6 pound spools a couple of days later, great deal. I've seen him have a couple other pound test but was only interested in the 6#.

You can find just about anything on ebay from rods to reels to lures.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts