Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit my not-so secret-location 9 mile no brainer mountain bike ride this afternoon around the pineridge area in fort collins...it's a relatively mellow ride for when I don't feel like climbing thousands of feet of vertical and it's also close to home.

So anyway, as I'm on the return route, I'm coming down a nice little downhill section that goes around Dixon Reservior (which is a little area I like to frequent on summer evenings for LMB) there's all these people camped out fishing and...of course, they have dogs off leash and running everywhere...just like last weekend at the Poudre except this time I'm on my bike and not fishing.

I'm pretty much flying down this trail (25 mph or so) and the fishing people are far enough away where it shouldn't be an issuue except that this damn dog starts chasing me and barking which scares the #$%^ out of me and pisses me off. So I stopped so I didn't get bit and this idiot lady calls "muffy" or whatever the dog's name is and eventually it decided to listen to her and it left me alone.

I almost said something, I almost told the idiots to get their #$%^ dog on a leash, but I didn't because I'm a wuss, so I continued and saw several other dogs off leashes.

About 1/4 mile up the trail there was a park ranger coming the other way on a mountain bike and I stopped him and asked if dogs were required to be on leashes. He said yes and he was on it because apparently he had seen this incident from the other side of the reservior. He also said" we don't give warnings, we give tickets."

Sweet!

You go rangers!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Now I have 4 dogs and think dogs are great..But these idiots who let their dogs run loose really pisses me off... They seem to think the laws don't apply to them.. I wish they'd issue more tickets to these morons. Almost every time I take one of my dogs for a walk I have to deal with loose dogs. >:D >:D >:D

L

·
0 Posts
It's sad to see Colorado become Californicated. For the longest time people thought Colorado was this cold dreary, snowy, cow poke state. Well, I guess the secret's been out for a long time. I hate how populated my native state has become. Maybe I should move to California since all the Californians are living here! No offense to the Californian's, but some of us remember how Colorado used to be.

·
0 Posts
I hear ya Laker. As for the dogs, just because they are nice to their owners doesn't mean they will like other people. I have always had a dog, but if it says he has to be on a leash, he is on a leash. Besides some people don't like dogs or are terrified by them. It's just that lots of people don't give a s##t anymore. You don't mean squat to them. The rules don't mean squat to them. The fine they may or may not get doesn't mean diddly. If there was one thing I learned as a youngster was rules were made for a reason, wether or not you like the rules you still need to abide by them.

M

·
0 Posts
laker taker said:
It's sad to see Colorado become Californicated
I don't think it's a California thing. A few years ago I bought a place up in Leadville. If you go behind the Baby Doe mine (I think it's East 4th or 3rd) you'll get into a wilderness area. When I was working on the house, I'd go up there to explore, eat lunch, relax, etc. People from Leadville would get there in their car, kick the dog out, then drive the road at a couple miles per hour while the dog chased their car. It was the local's way of taking the dog for a walk. Happened in the summer and the winter. I thought it was hilarious. You don't see that in California (nobody there drives that slow unless there is another car in front of them) ::)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Nice Farmer Ted. I walk my dog around CSU often and there are always dogs off leash. So far, every dog that runs up to mine have been friendly. One of these days that will not be the case.. Good job FT!!

Pondfisher

1 - 8 of 8 Posts