Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped at the pond this morning, made about a dozen casts with a 7.5" dynamic dynamo. Hooked a monster (probably a pike or snagged a carp) on the second cast, came right off though. A couple casts later had a chunky 3 1/2lber hammer it, the thing faught like a 8lber! I love these quick little fish fixes I've been getting lately!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice fish! I have to find a way to commit myself to throwing bigger baits this year, just need a way to get the confidence level up somehow.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
sweet fish!!! Big baits been doin well i hear

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big baits are the way to go this time a year! You won't out fish the spinner bait or crank bait guys, but most of what you catch will be good ones.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice. That's a sick lookin lure!
Hands down the best action of any hard swimbait I've ever fished! At 2oz. you need a heavy rod to throw em though! I just had my 7' med heavy st. Croix and it just didn't have the backbone to handle a big bait.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I picked up the 8 inch bbz slow sink this year, but my baitcaster doesn't seem have the backbone for it either, im sure I could cast much farther than I have with it but im afraid to over commit get a birds nest and somehow loose it lol. I will likely get a heavier setup soon for swimbaits

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Come on folks, I'm sellin a sweet set of 5 of those deadly dynamos!!!!

Sweet fish man!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
DAAAAAAANNGGG!

Go big or go home!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts