Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
since things went south, I kind of scaled back and started a regimen of working 10-14 hour days, and/or 6 days a week. between that and hanging with my son as much as possible... I don't get on here much these days. (much to the happiness of some). those of you who know how it is, get it... either way, I still fish. I haven't posted much reports because i don't fish much and well, nobody likes a skunk report., lol. I decided when I'm not bogged down, I will be fishing as often as I can this fall/tweener time/winter. and once september came, I did and I started doing better.

one early september weekend i was able to sneak away to the yampa.... saw lots of hog trout, but i was trying for the pike. could only manage hammerhandles though. nice to see that the pike removal at the yampa is going real well.... saw tons and tons of small pike swimming around. lol. caught several of them on tubes rigged texas style. also went for a naked swim at a spot by the river retreiving a 15 dollar lure i lost. id post the pic but im sure the SPJ goons will make memes out of it quickly, lol.

Ive been going to kid friendly places where my son and I can fish without doing a lot of rough hiking, and doing good. We been fishing sissy places like tarryall, cataract, copper mtn., officers gulch and georgetown a lot. the last 3 weeks at georgetown, since I can only really fish on sunday... we usually drive to cataract in the morning, get some lunch in frisco, and then fish officers gulch/the ponds in the early afternoon, and then drive the 2 hours from the tunnel to georgetown to wait out the traffic... and fish the south end of georgetown (staying away from the inlet). most of the brooks are in the inlet of cataract and they are starting to spawn at officers.. so they were easy pickings for my boy and i. I also showed my son how to cast, and bring in fish so he's starting to get the hang of it. nothing of real size, but it was fun to stab fish all day with him and see a huge smile on his face.

last week, I started to do the usual south park routine in october. I took my lady friend... and we went all over south park, fishing jefferson to elevenmile (I usually go to antero, but ya know..) fishing was tough at jefferson but they are starting to show their faces. after this last snowstorm yesterday im sure it'll be better this weekend. I used the same crap that always works... white tube jigs tipped with half-shiners. my ladyfriend was killing the cutbows that are swimming everywhere, and I had to work hard to try to get the lakers that were sitting a little deeper than usual. i got 2 and then we decided to head down to 11 mile. the lake was turning over as someone said... so we moved to another spot, and found a place that looked familiar from reports. tied on kastys with orange, and cast them far.... and started getting fish right away. wind picked up and so did the action. caught 2 nice bows and lost many more casting into the wind...

water was still pretty warm up there, even at jefferson.

heres some pics to prove im not full of ****. most of em are dinks aside from 2 fatties at elevenmile last weekend, so im sorry to let you down again, danny and tommy.

i know im gonna get heat from some people about airing out jefferson, but it's already being blasted on the other site, and elevenmile is hardly a secret as well. hopefully i'll get to post more reports, i got my son a thick winter coat and pants... so he will be going to me to jefferson weather pending. I'm just blessed to have a kid like him that loves fishing as much as I do, as well as a partner that seems to dig what I like to do, since she jumps up and starts packing the car as soon as I suggest fishing somewhere... something other women I was with have NEVER done for me. hope you all are ripping lip as well this fall... fishing should only get better from here on out. cheers.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Good to see you have gotten some time with the little guy. Nice report and good pics.

It's never a bad report so long as you enjoyed your time fishing.... and who cares if you told where you were fishing????

Keep em coming bro!!!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Good **** , Goon. Nice to see you getting your boy out. Can't beat that.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Good **** , Goon. Nice to see you getting your boy out. Can't beat that.
x2,000,000

Keep up the great kiddo work Dave!

Where'd he get that wild red hair from?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Good stuff Dave!! You're right, the boy IS gettin big! Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
lol that is soooooo bad but funny!...

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
Good job Dave...keep'me comin!!!

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
BWAHAHAHAHAHA you two need to get a room???...
Don't make me let him pop the trunk lid on your ass!!! :madgrin::madgrin::madgrin:

I know what he's going through and if he can get out more power to him especially with junior, or anybody else as busy! I took your advice and I'm going Saturday...screw it!!!:thumb: Just won't see my wife this week...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Did you mean em or me there is a distinct difference?!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Creek put out another monster this week and I had one come unbuttoned at the net last week...would of been my first 30 inch fish at creek...good luck where ever you go Tony...I think I have a boat ride there Saturday even though I am on call...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts