Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. I heard talk of a pretty good trout lake above Lyons called Buttonrock reservoir. I guess you have to buy a special permit to fish the lake from the city of Longmont. Does anyone have experience fishing this lake? I'm pondering getting a permit. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
A buddy of mine was just saying we should go fish there. He's fished it before (a few years ago), and really liked it. He was thinking that you didn't need a permit anymore. If you find anything out, post it (please). When I see him next week, I'll ask him more about it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, sorry it took so long to reply. For whoever's interested, the city of Longomont still does require a permit to fish there. I think they sell six hundred of 'em, FYI

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Permits are $13. It is good May through October. It's a 2 mile hike to the two reservoirs. They are stocked (trout). It's artificial flys and lures only. If you fly fish, the hike is along the St. Vrain river. You can also hike from Big Elk Meadows. If you're fishing w/ the dogs, they don't have to be leashed if you opt for the Big Elk Meadows way. 
   Kpetro, thanks though, we just drove to the gate a few days ago. We were planning on hitting it Monday, but snow happens  :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts