Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a few of us on this board (not that many) who follow and enjoy the sport of boxing. I suppose I have been one of the 'ringleaders' (ha-ha) in this area, but no more. The reason? Let me get it off my chest.

There is only one fight I am interested in seeing -- literally only one -- and it keeps getting derailed and postponed, ad nauseam. As a boxing guy my patience is now officially exhausted, and I am turning in my fan card - indefinitely.

The fight in question, of course, is Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao. Nothing else in the fight game holds my interest. I won't bore everyone with all the past details as to why this match-up has never come off. Bickering over the type/scheduling of blood testing, steroid allegations, suspicions of ducking, even accusations of racism, etc. Whatever. Estimates are that both fighters stand to make between 30 and 50 million dollars each!! -- not a typo. And yet they (or their handlers) can't/won't find a way to get together and make a deal. The most recent snag is Mayweather's latest legal problems (including domestic battery, theft, and more), which necessitate a January court appearance, which in turn has once again ruined the possibility of a spring, 2011 superfight that fans had hoped they'd finally see. Well, I'm done. I'm sickened by it all. Forget it. I really don't care who Pacquiao fights instead, or what Floyd eventually does or doesn't do. I wish all fans felt the same and boycotted the sport. Believe me, suddenly both parties would magically find a way to overcome all the roadblocks, and there would be a date set up before you could say "ring the bell".

I like sports, but what the 'sports world' has become has about turned me off completely. So until there is something interesting in boxing again, I won't be following it. Call me if Floyd & Manny ever fight, or if someone new & exciting in the sport arises. Until then, bye-bye.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I second that emotion

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
i didnt even know many still watched boxing...too slow usually and too much political BS (as evidenced by this thread)...lots of other fighting to watch and enjoy out there including a good UFC fight tonight...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts