Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Moved to San Diego about a year ago, still miss my walleye fishing in the worst way but I will manage. Went out this morning to Harbor Island and hooked into 38 inch, 20 lb 3 oz halibut on 6 pound test. Quiet the rush it was.

Another big specimen 14 pound 5 oz :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
sweeeet fish!!! Crazy to land that halibut on 6lb test in the rocks! but I gotta ask, with those fish, what on earth do you miss about walleye?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweeeet fish!!! Crazy to land that halibut on 6lb test in the rocks! but I gotta ask, with those fish, what on earth do you miss about walleye?
I miss it as theres no small lakes or ponds out here. But I have found my walleye of the ocean, corvina. They have to large fangs in the front. Awesome fight as well. Need to chase the state record on them which is very possible.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Wow dude nice fish all around! Thanks for posting! I love walleye fishin but that bass is sweet! If we had bass like that around here I'd be stoked. I bet that hallibut was a rush!

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
WOW!! Wish we had Bass like that here in Colorado!! i really really really really gotta get to Cali, Texas, Mexico, ect for some REAL Bass fishing!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Big news International Game and Fish said this is a World Record for 6 pound line from shore and 5th largest ever in that class, they are sending me some things to fill out. They also have been discussing having separate records for shore and boat so this would be the first record in this class, all I can say is wow!

I did trim up some Lihn :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts