Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else get this thing in the mail? Its like their 'Master Catalog' but i bound in book form.

Pretty nice but all I need is more fishing catalogs around here.

Still trying to figure out how to get all the hunting crap out of the thing and still have a nice looking book. :) :) :)

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
879 Posts
I got the master fall catalog last fall. I hadn't spent any moneythere in a couple of years. I just thought that they wanted me back. And I like all of that hunting crap :)

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I have been getting the book form master catalogue for years now. One thing you should know though, Cabelas has WAY more fishing stuff to choose from if you go to their internet site. More than they could ever put in a hard copy catalogue. Same with BPS.

I buy alot of heavy spoons and slabs for vertical jigging-there are hardly any shown in their catalogues but more than a dozen to choose from on the internet.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
If I am browsing for new equipment. I sure think a paper catalog is a lot more user friendly and enjoyable than on line. Besides have you ever tried to take a computer into the bathroom for reading?

Dan

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
A few years back I made some big orders at Cabela's and I've been getting that catalog ever since. I think there's something about unsticking those pages from each other that makes me prefer the book over the online version. :eek:

·
Registered
459 Posts
You are a "Cabela's Whale" when you get one of those! The little tabs are pretty cool.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have been getting the spring and the fall hard bound catalog every year for a few years now. this spring it went from being hard bound to a soft cover (at least mine did). If you have the Cabelas' Visa you will get the big catalog. Can't wait till the Cabelas opens here -- they have a helluva gun/hunting section and a great fishing section to boot.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Don't tell my wife but I have been getting the hard-backed Master Catalogs for the last 4 years. I think they assume I am a takle shop based on what I spend. Now Sportsmans Warehouse and G. Mtn. have been getting most of my $$.

·
Registered
769 Posts
jamiehughes said:
i think you just have to spend quite a few bucks there to get the master catalog, i've been getting them for 3 years so i guess i need to cut down on my spending.

I haven't spent a dime with them in about 2 years and still get that hard bound catalog.  Don't know why they bother sending it.  If Cabela's really cared about my business they would have put a store in Denver
years ago instead of waiting until after all the other retailers came into the area.  I can buy anything I need
locally without having to wait for shipping and often at a lower cost.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I think it is somewhat random...last year I didn't spend much at Cabelas but I received a book this year. The year before ('04) I spent a ton at Cabelas and didn't. The two years before that I did get the book.

I still order from them because they sometimes have a better selection than local retailers, especially for SW fishing gear...also, even with the cheapest shipping, most of my orders arrive within 2 days and there was no tax! Now that they're opening a store in CO, there will be sales tax and I'll to factor that in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts