Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
I had a FT 5wt rod I loved it I gave it to my father in law. Would have kept it but I had too many 5wt and need to get a 3wt. would recommend

·
Registered
344 Posts
My first rod was a Cabelas and I still have it as my back up. Great rod for the money! If you don't like it after a season, take it back! They'll give you your money back. ;D

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I bought a 5wt from ArkAngler 4 piece and love it, much better then the 4 piece cortland I broke.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I bought a cahill cabellas 5wt for kind of a back up rod. I think it was 30 or 40 bucks. Its ok. It made me realize how much nicer my orvis trident is. Not even comparable.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've got a Cabela's Prestige 5wt 2 piece (8 ft) rod and absolutely love it! I haven't had any problems or complaints. I would definitely recommend them.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I have the Stowaway 5 piece 3WT. I've been real happy with it and use it more that any other rod.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you like the cabelas rods can you name a few other rods you like so I can compare it to another brand that I might be familar with :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't think that you should buy a cableas rod. You could get a TFO for the same or less money and they are a much better rod, they also have a lifetime warrenty. So support the local shops.

·
Registered
715 Posts
The FT is a lot like a sage VPS if your looking for one rod to do it all that’s your rod. I have no complaints about the workmanship it has a 25 year warranty that’s good enough for me.The VPS is on sale a cabelas thats a pretty good deal also.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love powell rods (if you have not casted one do so)I also own redington nti I spent over 600 on it I think it casts great but my lower cost rods have become my everyday rods, I just enjoy casting them more, and i spent have the price on them. I prefer to use my money on good rods at a fair price I don't mind speanding the money but why do so if there is no need and I hate paying a higher mark up just to have a name on the rod. If the technology is there then pay for if you feel no differnce then don't

does anyone know who makes cabelas rods? I heard it was g loomis but im not sure.
Thanks for the replys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts