1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Bass Pro owns Cabela's.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Buy out your competition and then you can charge what ever you want for anything you sell.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
The only store that's near me is the internet.

Unless I fly fish and then ArkAnglers is 1 minute away.

·
Registered
490 Posts
In Grand Junction we have both Cabelas and Sportsmans. Personal opinion only, I think Sportsmans is a much better store than Cabelas. If one had to leave I wish that it was Cabelas. Since Bass Pro shops bought out Cabelas the store here in Grand Junction has gone downhill. Of course others probably feel different.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
In Grand Junction we have both Cabelas and Sportsmans. Personal opinion only, I think Sportsmans is a much better store than Cabelas. If one had to leave I wish that it was Cabelas. Since Bass Pro shops bought out Cabelas the store here in Grand Junction has gone downhill. Of course others probably feel different.
I agree. I just deal with Cabela's online but I won't do that anymore since BPS bought them.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Pikester, thanks for posting this. Doesn't change my opinion of Cabelas however. In Grand Junction I don't see how Cabelas and Sportsmans continue to coexist since they are within a mile of each other. Since the purchase of Cabelas by Bass Pro the store here in GJ has gone downhill.
Many of the products that I liked at Cabelas are no longer stocked. I could go to Sportsmans and find what I wanted and didn't need to fuss with trying to order something on line with Cabelas. Just as an example - Several years ago I bought a Bradley Smoker and could purchase the smoking briquettes from the GJ Cabela store. They stopped stocking the briquettes yet I could still pick them up at Sportsmans. Along with that, there are fly tying materials that I could pick up at Sportsmans that I needed whereas at Cabelas here in GJ the selection just plain sucks.
I really do think (at least for the Western Slope) this was a bad decision.
Then again, this is just my opinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts