Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hopeing you guys might be able to help me out my mom and her freind are flying out here. and they want to spend some ttime up in the mountains i was wondering if there are any cabins to rent for the weekend taht you guys would recommend only catch is they have to be next to a lake or river ;) if you know what i mean thanks . James

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I like the cabins in Almont, they arent bad priced, they are right on the taylor, and they are in gunnison county which is very beautiful area.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
There are a ton of cabins in the Estes Park area which would give them plenty to do while you fish...you could dissapear to the National Park streams where the browns and brookies will be bringing their fall spawning colors...lake estes also has trout, walleye and muskies supposedly...

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I've stayed at Melody Lodge Cabins right near Green Mountain Reservoir. They were nice cozy cabins, right next to the stream and lake.

Here are a few pics we took:

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
there are somenice cabins on the arkansas near cotopaxi and texas creek
whitch is between salida and canon city

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wrk2fish i checked out the cabbins and was wondering which one you got and hows the fishing up there at this time of year looks they are in good shape thanks James

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Burn-n-daylight said:
wrk2fish i checked out the cabbins and was wondering which one you got and hows the fishing up there at this time of year looks they are in good shape thanks James
James,

We stayed at cabin #3 and that is where those pictures are from. As for fishing, I believe there have been some good reports lately:

http://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php?topic=3261.0

though I haven't been up there myself. We went a bit later in the season and it was slow.

Good luck,
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts