Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always like to take my digital camera with me, just in case I see something cool. But I hate hauling around my camera, for fear of losing it or theft. So, a month back, someone left this camera at my work. It sat there for a month and no one asked about it, so I claimed it. I think this camera will be perfect for taking on the short fishing trips.

It's an oregon scientific Autobrite by Smal. 1.3MP, built in battery that charges when hooked up to the usb port on the computer. And, it's the size of a credit card. The pictures actually come out really nice. It obviously doesn't have a zoom feature, due to its tiny size. But it would be awesome for fitting in a shirt pocket, the inside wader pocket, or my lifejacket pocket.
Here's a link to a picture of it with some info... http://www2.oregonscientific.com/shop/product.asp?cid=6&scid=14&pid=462

Beats hauling around a bulky camera, even if disposable. And, it's not that expensive if for some reason it did manage a trip over the edge of the boat or something.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
nice find. Hey since we are on the subject of cameras, Im sure someone has an answer to my question. The other day, at waterton I leaned over to land a fish and my disposable camera came out of my top pocket and landed on top of the water. I quickly grabbed it as it began to float but my question is how much water can these little disposables handle? I have some great pictures from grey reef and I would hate to see them ruined.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I think it should be ok...ive seen them get pretty soaked and the film comes out fine. fresh water is a part of the developing process and usually doesnt hurt undeveloped film, but if your disposable has a flash that part might not function. i would go ahead and take it in to get it developed. at least you can try...

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
My wife and I honeymooned on St. John (Virgin islands). Anyway, I went swimming w/ a disposable in my pocket. :-[ We dropped off all our cameras at Safeway. They sent us back the film from the camera saying they couldn't develop it. I play hockey w/ people who work at Mike's camera in Boulder. I gave the film to them. They developed it. The colors were a little dull, but other than that they were fine.
The point of my long story is that if yours was just dropped in, it should be fine. I would take it to a photo shop though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts