Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you camped here before? I was thinking of going next week. I was researching it on line and it says it's free! Is that true? I have only been up there once and don't remember the camping. Does it usually fill up this time of year?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I GO UP EVERY MEMORAIL DAY, IT' S PACKED BUT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND A SPOT TO CAMP, MAKE SURE AND BRING FIREWOOD YOU WON'T FIND ANY UP THERE AND THE GUYS IN TOWN BEND YOU OVER IF YOU BUY IT UP THERE.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Thats one good thing about the Fork- no trees,no playgrounds,no hassles,no screamin kids.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have never camped at WF but instead camp right outside Kremling. There is a ton of National Forest fuel wood areas. All you need is a truck and a saw and you should have plenty of wood to last.

M

·
0 Posts
There are two camping areas at the lake - both by each boat ramp. There is also a camping area by the inlet. Toilets are primitive (bring your own t.p. just in case it's "missing" from the outhouse) and I've never found any water spigots to speak of so you'll need to bring your own. Camping is free. You can also camp right on the shore if you'd like and there are quit a few areas you can do this.

Be careful driving on the shore - the mud there gets VERY slick and it's easy to get stuck big time if you're in the right areas. I've been pulled out three times there (I'm learning as I get older :-[).

If you're going up this weekend stop by and say hey - I'm headed up Saturday. In a blue 4 door Ford pickup with a popup, Monark bass boat, and three dogs (they love to fish and they love being on the boat).

·
Registered
280 Posts
I am thinking about heading up there this weekend as well I will be driving a Red Dodge Dakota and have a little blue plastic boat.

·
Registered
97 Posts
  Free sounds good to me and my, 4 screaming, yelling, rowdy, snott nosed, coughing all over spreading germs and god knows what all over the campsite KIDS! I'll try to find a spot as close to Slayer as possible he needs to experience this the way I do every spring.  >:D ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts