Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
826 Posts
Jay, there are a ton of primitive campsites next to streams and lakes. The problem being that they should of been built farther away to prevent water contamination. The ones I know of primarily exist in Wilderness areas such as the Flat Tops, Eagles Nest  and so on. I still use them because its a lot less damaging to use a preexisting camping spot than building a new one in my opinion. I am just careful about what I do with my grey water as not to contaminate anything. Were you looking for any area in particular?

· Registered
826 Posts
Jay, if you want to get away from the crowds you need to head on over to the Western Slope. The farther West you go the less people. Have you ever been on the Grand Mesa? Around 300 lakes and reservoirs. You can find solitude if thats what you like!

· Registered
826 Posts
LOL! No, thats whats nice about the Grand Mesa you can drive into a lot of areas. A four wheel drive is helpful but not necessary for all of them. If you ever decide to go PM me and I can give you some suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.