Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,901 Posts
Jay-The primitive campsites at 11 Mile that you can boat or hike into are about 35 yds. from the lake-not bad but I'm like you, I wish there were more places where you could camp along the shore. That way you could put out a rod at night and fish right at your campsite. I guess they put the campsite away from the water because they're worried about contamination. At Navajo Res across the border in NM I have camped within ft. of the water-the park rangers even visited me and never said anything but hi so I guess its OK. Its real nice to camp right at the water edge. Ed

· Registered
2,901 Posts
Zman-Great post-thanks for the info. I think on alot of the plains reservoirs you can camp right on the bank 'cause they don't have the manpower to patrol it and they really don't care where you camp as long as your not a yahoo. This was the case at Lake Henry. Now if you act like an idiot, they get out the reg book and start writing. ;D Ed

· Registered
2,901 Posts
Meredith, I'm pretty sure went dry or very close to dry last summer so I doubt it has very good fishing. Lake Henry I have heard can be good for wipers and catfish but I could,nt seem to get bit there. IMHO there are better lakes to fish in that area. Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.