Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in central Colorado fishing a small stream in the Rio Grande drainage. I was about 10000 feet and stalking cutthroats when I caught this little guy. He was dark sparkly green on his back and pure white on his belly with two rows of light yellow spots down his side. He had a slight indent on his tail and maybe a shorter nose than the cutts. I attached all of the pictures I took before I released him.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
So, I had responded "They're fish!" and received a PM from the moderator and had my post deleted, but other people can make wild claims of what they are and no righteous indignation from the moderator? Outstanding! I guess a Patriots fan's humor isn't appreciated around these parts ;)

·
P I K E
10,113 Posts
So, I had responded "They're fish!" and received a PM from the moderator and had my post deleted, but other people can make wild claims of what they are and no righteous indignation from the moderator? Outstanding! I guess a Patriots fan's humor isn't appreciated around these parts ;)
Muni, that was in a totally different thread and in the report section and could have been taken as a slam and has been restored...and no... the Patriots suck!!! 8) get over it already!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yeah I gave up posting for same reasons pretty much. ..

·
P I K E
10,113 Posts
Jim, I wouldn't think they would let Splake in the river with the Cutttie recovery program down there. I know there are Brookies there but never heard of any Splake there.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Once upon a time in the Rio Grande, there was a spill of Splake from one of the reservoirs. It's been a while, but seems like that is what they looked like.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Splake don't normally reproduce in the wild, and that one looks like it was born recently. I think it's just a brook trout with subdued markings and coloration.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts