Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you know of any frozen fishable lakes could you please list.. We are gonna go this weekend but the onlything i know of is dillon.. and im not a huge fan on kokes though i will fish them..

Only good trout is a laker..
remember to stay on not in the water

Jeff

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
dillion
georgetown
elevenmile
mack mesa (next to highline)
vega
island
taylor park reservoir (don't know for 100% certain cuz nobody's told me, but I guarantee it is ready...)
any lake on the mesa pretty much

·
Registered
863 Posts
Quote; "can anyone tell me the frozen lakes"

Sure thing, "there the ones with a hard, sometimes white surface"!

Does this help? come on lossen up. ;D

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
i know these are fishable from the ice. (meaning I feel safe on the ice, generally a minimum of 3-4 inches clear ice. I leave the 2 inch stuff to more daring personalities)

chatfield
georgetown
11 mile
evergreen
kriley and slough ponds in golden gate canyon state park

I saw shelters on Bear Creek res a couple of days ago but don't know how the ice is.

Dan

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is that all the info everyone has??if i wasnt so slow i could hopefully give some info.. i havent been out yet.. so imhoping for a lake i can put the snowmobiles on so i can try them out.. thanks for your help everyone that can

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
fishhardwater - if you would mention where you would be leaving from and how far you would be willing to go, you might be able to get some more specific answers. Remember this forum covers the whole state of Colorado.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Too easy Ken! Jefferson had Ice 3 weeks ago... opps.

Most of the state is freezing up like nobody's business, like WE said, where do you wana go? Someone will be able to give you a heads up.

Ter

L

·
0 Posts
Shadow mtn they are on crafts there but be careful there there is a chanel that runs by the islands and youre lucky if it gets thicker than 4 inches and sometimes never freezes. willow creek is thick enough to ride on so is chambers.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
for you easterners that care; rifle and harvey are ready.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Blue Mesa has at least 12" by the Lake City Bridge. The guy at Gene Taylor's said that Iola should be good to go right after Xmas...sure hope so because I'll be there! Taylor res should be ready by now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts