Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forum, I have a Hbird 598ci-hd-si that I bought last year for my boat. I wonder if anyone has any experience using one of these or one like it on the ice. Do they make an Ice Ducer for it or will the regular transducer work? I'd love to use the GPS points and make this unit work so I don't have to dump more money on another unit.

What say you? Thanks for your kind time.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Yes you can. I use my 598. Good a google search and you'll learn a lot. Off of the top of my head, you'll need the latest update, the ice transducer, and a spare power cable. Then once you get that all set up you'll need to run through the settings and make a couple changes and you'll be ready to go. Just a heads up, it doesn't have interference rejection so you get a lot of feedback if you are around other flashers.

I set all mine up including battery in a 2.5 gallon bucket.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dakota, I'll spend some time on the internet and maybe call HBird. I saw a really cool tool box conversion that I want to try once I have it ready.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I had posted this before but it is an easy way to float a transducer for ice fishing, you have to do a little adjusting to get it to sit level.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that. I called the HBird boys and they were very helpful. Turns out I can order a PTC-U package that includes a carrying case, base, battery, charger and power cable for about 150. They also said that my boat transponder would work fine if I can keep it flat. I hope to get all this lined out before we're out of ice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts