Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the new reg book it says the old farts ::) 64 and older can get a free fishing license, but one dow officer said it was 65, and from reading the dow book 19-64 needs to buy the habitat stamp. so does that mean a 64 year old gets a free license but needs to buy the habitat stamp?

so my questions is did any of you 64 year olds get a free license and did they make you buy a habitat stamp?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I'm willing to bet it is a misprint in the reg book since 65 is senior citizen status and not 64... Thankfully I have a while to wait before I have to worry about that though. I also think its pretty kewl that senior citizens dont need to buy liscenses.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Without admitting to the title of "Old Geezer" :) my 2006 fishing license cost me $0.00

But I didn't get away free. The second rod still cost $5.00 and I bought a $5.00 habitat stamp (even though they said I didn't have to) just so I could make the same contribution as everybody else. So, ten bucks, even though the license itself was free.

What they said to me was not that a senior citizen was 64, but over 64. The phrase specifically used was "over 64". So, in plainer words, 65 or over.

W. E.

Added:
I know 64 and 1 day is "over 64" but they must be referring to the actual numbers of the age in years, so you must be 65 to be over 64. Have I ever mentioned that the DOW employs some idiots?

Added again:
Forgot to mention I am over 65. Well over. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm 64 years old, and I got my free fishing license. But I had to buy a $5 habitat stamp and also $5 for a second rod stamp. Next year I wont have to buy the habitat stamp or the license, but I will have to still pay $5 for the 2nd rod stamp.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey ron where did you buy your license? i was just at wally world in canon city and the guy selling licenses said 65 for the freebie it seems to depend on whos doing the selling

thanks

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
roadkill said:
hey ron where did you buy your license? i was just at wally world in canon city and the guy selling licenses said 65 for the freebie it seems to depend on whos doing the selling

thanks
Even if its a misprint, it is in print and they have to give you a free liscense if just for this year... but then next year you will be 65.
Fishing Regulations said:
LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
1. A fishing license is required for people 16 and older to take fish, amphibians and crustaceans
except as noted in this brochure.
2. Children under 16 don?t need a fishing license and can take a full bag and possession limit.
3. Colorado residents age 64 and older can obtain a free annual fishing license from any DOW office
or license agent, starting Jan. 1, 2006.
So if they give you any static, just pull out the rgulations turn to page 3 and show him that its 64 for the liscense and 65 for the habitat stamp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts