Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or is anyone else sick of the DOW's love of trout? Why can't Colorado have some good warm water species lakes? Check out the sites that advertise ice fishing trips, notice how they are for the warm water species. Remember to release all Pike, it's our best shot at keeping the slimer population down.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
What

Trout are the money fish in this state. People come from all over to fish here.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
You trolling for trouble or what? This is Rocky Mountain High Trout country. WHere are you from?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Sure let's poison Spinney and Antero and get rid of them pesty trouts and make them crappie and smallmouth bass lakes.

Might as well poison and re stock the Colorado, South Platte, Frying Pan, the Taylor and heck the Black Canyon of the Gunnison would make an awesome Walleye river huh?

Silly anyone would ever want to fish for trout in a state with cold water, I just don't get it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Trout have a place in Colorado: in the mountains. But on the eastern plains, the CPW could do a better job on warm water species.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
If we could only get water in the eastern plains I believe fishing would be good. As soon as a Sterling, Adobe, Meredith, Henry and such rebound and has a good year, next thing it's a salvage or fish kill.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Since the plains reservoirs are dry more than they have water I think CPW is gonna be very conservative in restocking these places even during wet years. Unless something changes its just not a wise use of limited resources ($).

Could they do a better job on the making the front range lakes better warmwater fisheries? You bet but not holding my breath on this one either.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Since the plains reservoirs are dry more than they have water I think CPW is gonna be very conservative in restocking these places even during wet years. Unless something changes its just not a wise use of limited resources ($).

Could they do a better job on the making the front range lakes better warmwater fisheries? You bet but not holding my breath on this one either.
I was including the front range in "the plains." And it's not just about the dollars. Example #1: how much would it cost to reduce the limit on wipers from 10 to 2? Example #2: how about less dollars on stocking trout in the plains and more on warm water species?

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Trout have a place in Colorado: in the mountains. But on the eastern plains, the CPW could do a better job on warm water species.
doubt it. Why put all the money into something that is not guaranteed to be there year in and year out? Colorado is the beginning for most water sources, and when irrigation water is called for guess what? If Colorado experiences a poor water year, guess what? Can't get water to fill the lakes. Very little of the water we have in our state stays in our state! Again, why put so much time and money into a pond that will be dry by summers end? As for D bag OP. Get a life pud wrinkle!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts