Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog chopper was found to have a tumor on his spleen. We had it removed and he seems to be feeling better, however the Doc' said it was this fibrosarcoma that would more than likely reoccur and wasn't very responsive to treatment. I'm wondering if any of you have gone down this road with the family pooch. Thanks and tight lines to ya, Hook

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I feel for you man, my neighboors (good friends) took their dog for a walk yesturday (had her for 6 years) and on the walk she just laid down and died. It was a great dog, good with their kids and mine. They are heart broken.
Hope everything works out and there is always the chance it wont reoccur.

D

·
0 Posts
Hook-

I went through it in January, but my dog's tumor was a hemangiosarcoma, most likely on the spleen, and was inoperable. I had no idea he had a tumor. He had just not had much of an appetite for a few days so I took him to the vet to get checked out. Turns out the tumor had ruptured and I had to have him put down or he was probably going to bleed out over that weekend.

Nasty stuff. Good luck. At least you found yours in time to give your dog a chance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts