Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking of using canned mussels for wiper along with lures. Seems like a good way to go. I've never bought them before. Is there anything in particular I should be looking for, or trying to steer clear of? I would image that the more natural they are, the better, right? So go for the stuff that has the least amount of flavoring and additives and stuff? Muchas gracias, amigos. Me gusta pescar!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
mussels are for steaming #drool

·
Registered
1,421 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
use a slip weight with the shrimp and a circle hook and just let the wiper pick it up and run .......

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
mussels are for steaming #drool
Yessir! I love me some mussels. There is an amazing Italian restaurant in lakewood called Cafe Jordano. When I lived down there, my ex and I ate there all the time. That place got me hooked on mussels. They have them in a red sauce and a white wine sauce. So good!!! And their lasagna is great too. Actually pretty much everything is. They're always crazy busy and for good reason.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
use a slip weight with the shrimp and a circle hook and just let the wiper pick it up and run .......
A man who's been there a few times before.... I use the same technique and have caught some huge wipers while targeting large kitties.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts