Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Can't Believe I got the Footage! Cutty's

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  TEAM CO.F.F. 
#1 ·
Recently was up DEEP in the mountains fishing with my buddy...We came across a huge group of Colorado River Cutthroat Trout. We of course fished for them but we wanted to see if we could film them too. Luckily they were crowding around a small current provided by a little spring, flowing into the lake...This meant when we spooked them, they would eventually come back!

We spooked them a lot! It took a few hours of brainstorming and trial and error to figure out how to film them but we figured it out!! I had to lye on a giant boulder (big enough for both of us and a third to lay on) that was right over the spring tie on my GoPro to my fishing line and slowly drop it in.

The results were amazing and I got some AWESOME FOOTAGE!! To be honest, I was pretty giddy and proud of myself afterwards lol.
Really hope you all enjoy the footage! It's worth it to see this one!!

Attachments

See less See more
1 3
#9 ·
They weren't to the camera, but they were extremly skiddish to my movements of course...Any slight head movements during filming and they would take off. Figured they are getting ready to spawn in there...That spring flowing in was some of the only current going in there at that time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.