Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Geez that's early. I've always found the lake trout start to bite seriously around 9. Your departure time will get you there around 6:30-7 or maybe earlier. Why do people do that to themselves? ;D

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Gives us plenty of time to BS before the bite starts. :p

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cutthroat said:
Geez that's early. I've always found the lake trout start to bite seriously around 9. Your departure time will get you there around 6:30-7 or maybe earlier. Why do people do that to themselves? ;D
You're right, maybe we'll bump it up an hour? I'll talk to fyraxe & see what he thinks ??? Rather get 1 more hour of sleep than 1 more hour of B.S. ;D

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Just a word of caution. Ski traffic can and usually is extremely heavy on I70 west from Denver. I work up in Gilpin county and have learned not to get caught in the Ski traffic on weekends. The traffic can be bumper to bumper from El Rancho to the tunnels as early as 7am.

Better to beat the traffic and the invariable accidents that occur than be late for the bite!

Dan

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Dan is right about traffic, I ski, heavy traffic starts from lakewood at about 7 am.

The bigger issue is the fish bite. Hey as littlemac and quickrelease say, lakers hold bankers hours, I wonder... why is it they are on the ice early each trip?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts