Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,531 Posts
andyrm66 said:
ANyone have 1 I could borrow? Have dual's on the sled I need to get in line.
The manual doesnt even use one.
Use your fingers to assure they open all the way at full throttle.(adjust cable at top of carb)
Also use fingers to assure that each slide begins to open at the same time.(same)
You can use a drill bit to gauge under each slide to achieve equal opening at idle.(by turning idle screws)
Then for idle speed just adjust both idle screws (not the air screws) in or out equally.
For idle response adjust air screws. (Dont necessarily need to be equal).

besides- all that sync tool will do is assure sync at idle. Once over 1/4 throttle synchronicity is controlled soley by the main and needle jet. (assuming the throttle slides are equal), which you should have done by now! ;D

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SLAYERFISH said:
andyrm66 said:
ANyone have 1 I could borrow? Have dual's on the sled I need to get in line.
The manual doesnt even use one.
Use your fingers to assure they open all the way at full throttle.(adjust cable at top of carb)
Also use fingers to assure that each slide begins to open at the same time.(same)
You can use a drill bit to gauge under each slide to achieve equal opening at idle.(by turning idle screws)
Then for idle speed just adjust both idle screws (not the air screws) in or out equally.
For idle response adjust air screws. (Dont necessarily need to be equal).

besides- all that sync tool will do is assure sync at idle. Once over 1/4 throttle synchronicity is controlled soley by the main and needle jet. (assuming the throttle slides are equal), which you should have done by now! ;D
Yeah, got my hands on shop manual, 2 mm drill bit in hand for slides, then 2 turns in after contact for idle. Damn things likes to idle at 4k hoping its not crank seals

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
A good way to check seals or carb boots is to spray carb cleaner in and around those areas while running. If you hear a difference in engine speed, you can then address the problem

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Manual says after following intial setup, 2 turns in on the screws, then 2mm drill bit, well the opening was much greater than 2mm. Anyway cracked the screws in more, she was idling great at 1000, set it at 1800 per manual, starts second pull, which is good cause those 583's are a Bi&ch to pull over. Im ready for ice! AS for the boots, I had one that was leaking, pulled it cleaned tightend up and all good now.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sled only has 5000KM on since reman motor and trans was really hoping it wasnt seals, how and the guy I got it from had plugs at .036, spec is 16-18 that will make a difference on the starting and top end I am sure!!!!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Idle is easy to adjust.
You may have to re-adjust when to get up to altitude. Ive found that setting idle ~5000ft tends to be a bit low when you get up to the mtns

Good luck! Go get 'em!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts