Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fished Carol Ann Lake. I heard a little about it and that it was private but had great fishing. Whats the skinny on it?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yep, private. Float tubes and pontoons only ( no shore fishing). I was member from 1999-2003. The owner ( Punch) can be a little rough to the newbies but, once you've been around for a while he's a great guy. The fishing was great back then. Huge gills and crappie that you could take home. C&R for everything else. That was back in the day though, not sure of the regs now. If you do join wear a diaper your first time out ( you will **** your pants the first time buck shot flies over your head)...Damn, I miss those days....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I may check this out. I would love to catch some crappie. Do you remember what a membership cost back then?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Trout would average 16-20" with some 30"+
Membership was $500 back then and well worth it, great times for sure.
One more thing, Punch was ex Marine, professional Boxer and general bad ass. I wouldn't recommend shooting back

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Punch and Carol are both great! I've joined 3 times in the last 12 years and have enjoyed it each time. The fishing there is great for some and really tough for others.... Take the time to learn the lake and you'll be rewarded just like any public body of water. The last time I joined there was a booming shad population so the fish were more scattered than in years past and really well fed.

Fuel is 3.80 plus a gallon, it takes me 10 minutes to get to LCA from my shop... I joined this year!

The real beauty of LCA is the other members and how each and every person that fishes that lake values it. They not only value the fish but also the other members and together it's always been kept prestine. Forget your fly box on the bench by the boat launch and it'll either be there when you get back, or you'll get a phone call saying Punch is holding it for you.

It takes a while to get used to random gun shots and I think the guys driving the trains try to see how many fisherman they can get to **** their pants. I damn near jumped out of my boat a few times because of those damn train horns.

It's 500 bucks and you get 8 guest passes... After that it's 100 bucks a pop to take someone. Guests and members have to be over the age of 18 too. Single barbless hooks only and you can only use one rod at a time. Flies and lures only and most scented and salted plastics are banned... Especially gulp products.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts