Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in a Carp day? Meeting up at carp spot and go after some monsters.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
What's the point of a carp? I don't get it. Do you eat em?
They can be difficult to catch intentionally. They pull harder than most other fish. If you're a C&R guy, what's not to like? If you're just fishing to fish, they're one of the strongest, and typically bigger fish in Colorado.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Yeah I've caught some big ones. they fight like mofo-

·
Banned
553 Posts
Yeah I've caught some big ones. they fight like mofo-
Hooked one prob 8-10lbs in the dorsal yesterday on 4# with a small kasty and a light action. Dude had no idea what was happening. 20 min later he finally broke me off at the bank after a massive palsy twitch. Dude is gonna get the blowhole for sure now, got that bling bling on deck!

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Didn't quite get all that Grumps, but yeah we hook them in the sides/fins often while ripping blades.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
What's the point of a carp? I don't get it. Do you eat em?
Carp are very sought after by Slavic peoples and Asians. (They were the ones who introduced them to US waters) There's tons of recipes for carp.. Here's one simple recipe I found at the top of a Google search.

http://www.all-fish-seafood-recipes.com/index.cfm/recipe/Russian_Carp_Cutlets

I'm sure just like with bigger catfish, they taste gamey AF initially unless you soak the meat in buttermilk overnight... At the Asian supermarkets they sell them live or packaged.

IMO they make great cutbait. Oily AF meat that attracts the kitties...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts