Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
Hi guys, I'm 5 weeks away from my annual trip to your fine country. Any updates on where I can get myself a carp or 2 from in or around Greeley. Any help appreciated.
I get there around 26th July for 2 1/2 weeks.
cheers
Rog

I am down in Colorado Springs. I am always looking for opportunities to carp fish a session with a fellow Englishman. As has been already mentioned, Colorado fishing license, 2nd Rod Stamp.

Ralpert puts the carp on the bank for sure - hit him up as well, he can get you on the fish - he's also going to be a lot closer! Ralpert also knows how to get in touch with me. Perhaps, if the stars align, we all can get a session together - I could also bring to the session a 2nd full set of euro tackle for you to use that day - not sure what you will have with you.

Carping in Colorado is going to be a lot of fun for you, and very different, compared to that back home. Truly wild fish, most have never been caught. Our no chumming rules will reduce you to tears - but, if you can get on the fish, it's well worth it to catch our powerful, beautiful, mile high Carp ! Location Location Location is everything here.

Tight-Lines,
Love your videos man. They are deff one of a kind. Seen you at chatfield a few times but didnt want to bother or get in the way. My goal for this summer is a mirror carp. Hope the odds are forever in my favor.

I used to fish Barr lake for carp, but Jackson is probably a better choice and closer to Greeley.

Thanks for reply.

Will I still be in with a chance at Jackson lake from the bank, or is a boat needed? have tried to research but you guys don't seem to like carp!
Shore fishing there is fine. My son use to fish it a lot and would catch carp there from shore on everything from powerbait to metal and jerkbaits.

Discussion starter · #29 · (Edited)
Am i allowed to fish UK style which is fishing on the bottom with sweetcorn, tiger nuts and things like this?

Just been reading up and notice in post above 'no chumming' does this mean no free bait is allowed to be used? Is this strictly enforced as it would be madness (to me) to go fishing and use just 1 bait...the one attached to the hook.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
thanks for all your help so far. I now understand 'chumming' but here's some questions?

What happens if I do put put bait out? Who says what and what happens?
I presume that if I'm not fishing, I could visit jackson lake and accidentally fall over with 5kg of sweetcorn in my hands? What happens then?
Is PVA really not an option?
Help..........please I need a Jackson Carp and leave in 3 weeks today ;0)

Come on, Man. Fishers consistently catch carp here on artificial flies. Are you really whining about being disallowed from chumming? For carp??!! And, further, asking for guidance as you contemplate violating Colorado regulations? There are too few rangers/wardens in this state but most folks have cell phones and are applauded for reporting violators. So there are eyes everywhere.
Accidentally "spilling" corn would be recognized for what it is and fishing over a "spill" would still be considered chumming. If you were caught, you would be turned over to some angry, gay EU thugs who will teach you a new meaning for the term "woolly bugger" as they spill their own corn. Best of luck.

thanks for all your help so far. I now understand 'chumming' but here's some questions?

What happens if I do put put bait out? Who says what and what happens?
I presume that if I'm not fishing, I could visit jackson lake and accidentally fall over with 5kg of sweetcorn in my hands? What happens then?
Is PVA really not an option?
Help..........please I need a Jackson Carp and leave in 3 weeks today ;0)
Rperry,
Spilling (accidentally or incidentally) any corn, bait, etc. into the water would be considered chumming. There are many forums online for catching carp. I would suggest that you read them. carp fishing is very popular at JAckson Lake because it is a very easy fish to find and to catch. Chumming is not necessary.
As for how we would find out; one of our few rangers or wildlife officers who monitors fishing would likely notice your chumming activity or be informed by one of our many ethical anglers who visit Jackson Lake regularly.

If you have any questions or need any advice on fishing, I would be glad to assist you.

Tyler Sewald
Senior Ranger

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Wow... I mean really? Thanks to the occasional helpful post but to rattman and ranger, you seem like a couple of Trolls, the type that is actual illegal in my great country but you seem a little more worried about sweetcorn slippages.

So let me get this straight:
You can fire a bow through them?
You can throw them up on the bank and leave them for dead?
You are even looking at introducing a disease that causes a slow painful death?

BUT, a good natured post regards baiting WHEN NOT FISHING and returning the next day after finding where they will feed and you want to bring the wrath of the Colorado fishing police out, absolutely laughable. I'll be filmed, reported to a ranger, or the hilarious joke post about an EU jail, I can only assume you are one of the 'joke' american characters we pastiche on UK TV.

To the sensible posters on here, I'd appreciate answers to the original 'unethical' question.... it can't be chumming if I'm not fishing, so are you not allowed to feed carp at Jackson Lake ever?

Jackson Ranger, thanks for the kind offer, but I'm unsure we'd gel, joining a forum just to 'stamp your ranger authority' on a post asking more about if chumming whilst NOT fishing is allowed and proceeding with the 'We'll find out' is frankly something that we Brits associate with Yogi bear!

Good luck guys, but I think I may leave the tackle at home and enjoy the Colorado sunshine.

Rperry, best you do leave your gear at home and play sunshine boy in a lounge chair since you're prolly all pasty white anyway!!! Here on this forum it is against the rules to discuss illegal activities and that is exactly what you have turned this into. We here on this forum and in this state for the most part take pride in our facilities, waters and this great sport we partake in and it is clowns like yourself from other places that come here with a total disregard to our laws and regs that just totally pisses us off!!! Your disrespect to JacksonRanger was over the top since he came on here to let you know the regs at their facility and offer you help in your quest...SMH!!!!!! If I see you anywhere chumming I'll call your ass in!!!! You have a nice trip!!!

JacksonRanger

I thank you for joining in on this thread and for the help on the regs. Hope you stick around as we do have questions posted on Jackson at times!!!

Thank you!!!

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Rperry, best you do leave your gear at home and play sunshine boy in a lounge chair since you're prolly all pasty white anyway!!! Here on this forum it is against the rules to discuss illegal activities and that is exactly what you have turned this into. We here on this forum and in this state for the most part take pride in our facilities, waters and this great sport we partake in and it is clowns like yourself from other places that come here with a total disregard to our laws and regs that just totally pisses us off!!! Your disrespect to JacksonRanger was over the top since he came on here to let you know the regs at their facility and offer you help in your quest...SMH!!!!!! If I see you anywhere chumming I'll call your ass in!!!! You have a nice trip!!!
So you go racist as well as abusive?

If you read through any of my posts they are all about respecting the fish and your strange rules that vary state to state. Two weeks ago I'd never even heard of chumming, so asked for explanation and if it could be done WITHOUT FISHING to see where the fish hold up and how they behave, still i have no answer. Only threats from the likes of you and your chums.

regards the illegal part of the thread, I find it quite 'fuzzy logic' that you have applied. So it's OK for your fellow Americans to greet a tourist with abusive, racist jibes, encourage 'buggary' in an EU prison and use offensive language, however you can't or won't help someone asking for simple and easy advice. What a strange, strange attitude and seeing as I don't know what half your acronyms stand for I can only assume they are even more abuse.

So your correct in the I will leave you and your fellow 'angry anglers' alone and enjoy a holiday, relaxing and hope to God that most of your countrymen are as civil as they have been on previous visits and not abusive bullies like you guys. Enjoy your fishing xxxxxx.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.