Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you have posted on catching carp in the Platte here in downtown Denver. My initial reaction is EWWWWW!!! I've heard it can be a lot of fun though. I just cashed im my Bass Pro gift cards from XMAS and got myself an 8 wt rod for steelhead when I visit my parents in Oregon, as well as pike. It might be good for carp on the fly.

My thought today was, does anyone know of a productive location for carp on the South Platte here in town? Somewhere where I would have a decent chance for early success. Otherwise I'm gonna give up because I think they're gross and I don't want to look ridiculous fishing in a stretch of the river where everyone thinks there aren't any fish.

· Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw that video on the flyfisher's website. It was awesome. They pretended to be bonefishing. I had the chance last summer at Cherry Creek along the dam when I came across a school of carp feeding on anything that moved on the surface. I could have reached out and grabbed them. I thought they were too disgusting at the time. My loss. I'll be smarter next time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.