Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
WOW! Those guys are doing good work. With apologies to carp fiends, I fish them (infrequently) because, like Everest, they are there. But if they were not there, I would be MORE than cool with that.

In the late 90's, I lived in a subdivision in Fort Collins that had a lake. I single-handedly killed and removed what I estimate to be several thousand pounds of carp from a ten acre lake, and it had no discernable effect on the population. Carp are stupid like that.

If I could design a discreet "carp plague" I would be a happy camper.

Hells yeah Utah, cool to see you in the news for something besides polygamy and pedophilia!

SS

·
Registered
260 Posts
Oyey said:
Saint Vitus said:
damn. hire that team and send them to barr or jackson.
I will be on the team for free
Me too.

Jackson and Barr could definitely use a program like this. I'd personally LOVE to see this done on a few ponds in my neck of the woods. If only carp were a little more valuable commercially.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
fishyheads said:
Oyey said:
Saint Vitus said:
damn. hire that team and send them to barr or jackson.
I will be on the team for free
Me too.

Jackson and Barr could definitely use a program like this. I'd personally LOVE to see this done on a few ponds in my neck of the woods. If only carp were a little more valuable commercially.
Find a group of eastern europeans and they will be more than happy to take some carp from those lakes.

One of my good friends, his family goes to jackson and barr just to fill their freezers. They swear to me that carp is great eating, but I dunno....

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yeah, I've seen some euro's and asians taking carp. I haven't tried it, but I hear that it tastes a little like pork. One of these days I'll get adventurous and give it a try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts