Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Your tiny crappie spots are worthless to me but I won't blast it. On the other hand, I find it extremely retarded to blast a spot in the name of "protecting" that spot. You know who you are Misters "I saw people X at pond X killing a limit of "X" fish."

Fixt that for you AO. :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
DSP is good. Try Sloans on Sheridan for some good carpin.

Loads of carp spots in Lakewood... Also several good spots along the South Platte corridor. Huston Lake is great for numbers, as that's all there is in there. They're not huge there, but lots of 16-20 inchers and an occasional big one up to 24".

Good luck out there and definitely try Sloans. Its got some of the best fighting trophy sized carp in that part of town. Please release larger ones for others to catch... Little ones, make em catfish bait.
Ended up getting a few hours on DSP last Thursday afternoon while we were in Denver. I spooked a nice pod of carp, got one to eat a crayfish pattern but he came unbuttoned after about 2 seconds, and caught a few of these on dries.

A humble but fishable mayfly hatch was coming off around 5 pm and these little trout were eating very aggressively on top. Not a bad day for urban fishing.

Also a sidenote, we stopped by Johnson Res in Littleton for about an hour and carp were jumping out of the water with regular abandon. It was weird, we couldn't figure out if they were eating crap on top or just jumping trying to imitate Free Willy. There was a good amount of midges hatching and a lot of random moths were blowing into the water...but we couldn't get one to eat anything to save our life. I probably changed flies 20 times. My only guess was they were jumping for the fun of it but who knows, I am not a carp behavioral expert. I will come back to Johnson with a Krispy Kreme imitation.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I don't give a crap about carp munghole.

Really??

Come on!

Hotspotting carp??

Don't you have something better to troll with??

I doubt I'll ever try for carp on my flyrod, to each their own though.

Here's some hotspotting for ya on the rare, endangered, elusive carp.

SOUTH PLATTE RIVER, below Chatfield all the way to Nebraska. Every single warm water lake in the state and half the coldwater fisheries.

Hotspotting carp! ????????

Really?

Its not like anyone's hotspotting you and your buddies Boulder munging spots..

Cheers :smile:

PD
The whole point just flew right over your head.

Re-read what Tangler said. He nailed it.

You, not so much.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts