Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out AGAIN today... this time to my normal local carp hole, blocks from the house. Same rigs, same conditions (although a little warmer today) and same results. Hooked one on the small rig (ML with 12 lb test rod under a bobber) and had my drag set too loose on the hookset. I'm getting REALLY sick of missing and losing fish...

These fish were absolutely toying with me today... nibble nibble nibble, GONE...

But 2.5 hours fishing with the boy is STILL 2.5 hours fishing with the boy, regardless of fish caught (or lack thereof)

One thing to note, I've NEVER seen carp get airborne as much as I did today. They were jumping ALL over the lake... They were obviously attacking some kind of floating bug or vegetation. They were coming 3-4 feet out of the water at times and making waves all over the place. Pretty cool to see...

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Good job getting out with the boy!! You may not have caught any but you dont know if you dont go!! i went out for a couple hours yesterday and managed the skunk as well.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea... I love fishing with the boy... Every skunk teaches me something... Gives me time to spend chatting with the boy. He is growing up fast!!!

I want to get him messing with a fly rod soon too. Maybe we will go get some bluegill in April. If he can learn a bit about fly fishing early, he won't be such a clutz (like his old man) when he wants to fish the Dream Stream or the Arkansas down the line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts