Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished today with the boy from 4:00-5:15 at Sloan's Lake on Sheridan. We were fishing for carp and using three rods. Two rods were Carolina rigged, the third was rockin' a bobber with 2 feet of line beneath it.

We used bread balls, all from 89 cent hamburger buns.

Fished the windblown end of the lake today, wind picked up a few times and the sun was in and out... overall it was a chilly trip.

Had three verifiable bites, one hooked himself and took off... Being that he hooked himself and started ripping line, I neglected to drive the hook home... He freed himself halfway to shore.

All in all, a fun day... Angry at myself for not driving the hookset home and landing the fish, cuz it was a big one... On my MH catfish rod, it was bending the rod tip down and taking drag. My fault... live and learn.

· Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sloans is one of the better carp fisheries in Denver. Size and numbers. I hope people release the big ones and keep the small ones for food or bait or whatever... That's what I do. That lake will never be a superb catfish, bass, or crappie lake. Its too shallow and there is very little structure. Its primary function is to be a free boating lake in metro Denver. Carp thrive there, though... I hope it will stay a strong carp fishery, for those times you just want to go catch a slimy freak-show. (No offense intended John COspgs)

John and I share a love for carp fishing... The difference is, I think carp make cheap plentiful bait. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.