Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gf got the am and pm mixed for our friends arrival at dia. My pops thinks he's an Indian and needs some fish for his garden. So I figure some carping would be a distraction from wasting a prime day for pike in south park. Im stuck without my gear and have my dads dink trout gear to kill some time with. Figure carp would be my best bet at some double digit sea critters. Gonna soak me some wd40 n corn n win me that multi dollar prize.

Anyone have any sweet carp spots. I'll only harvest 3. Won't kill any super large specimens.

Oprah or anyone else wanna carp it up today?

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
My gf got the am and pm mixed for our friends arrival at dia. My pops thinks he's an Indian and needs some fish for his garden. So I figure some carping would be a distraction from wasting a prime day for pike in south park. Im stuck without my gear and have my dads dink trout gear to kill some time with. Figure carp would be my best bet at some double digit sea critters. Gonna soak me some wd40 n corn n win me that multi dollar prize.

Anyone have any sweet carp spots. I'll only harvest 3. Won't kill any super large specimens.

Oprah or anyone else wanna carp it up today?
Hit the Platte in town...

Good luck!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Blunn reservoir.

Or the Platte in town.

If you're interested in fishing south Denver, I can give you some ponds that are stuffed full of em.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
BTW, they're into crawlers right now. Run a dropshot rig with 2 baitholders, one 8-12 inches above the dropshot, one 8-12 inches above that. Half a crawler per hook, make sure you leave em room to wiggle. ;)

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
That's how I look at it. Worms can catch just about any species in Colorado. Using them in carp infested waters can only bring good things. Either a for-sure carp, or maybe a catfish/bass/gill.

Good luck out there!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Worms, corn, but can get the job done nicely, as well as simple bread based dough baits. I have banked a number of cats whilst fishing for carp, on corn, especially when flavored with something fishy, spicy, salty, sweet - they seem to enjoy it just as much!

Tight-Lines and best of luck in your carping endeavors.

John
CarpQuest

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Incorrect. The state record catfish was caught out of Aurora res... over 40 pounds.

No cat in Prospect is anywhere NEAR that size.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
If he wants to catch the NEW state record, tell him to go hit up Bonny Res this Summer. Use bloody shad on the lake bottom....

... and tell him to pack a lunch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts