Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boy and I headed to Carter this morning and fished from about 8AM-1130AM. The water temp was 63 degrees and there was a slight breeze most of the morning. The water level was just about the lowest I've seen in quite a while:

In fact, the south ramp is now out of the water and you must use either the north ramp or the north pines ramp. Here is what the south ramp looked like:

We spent out time trolling near Dam #1 using lead core at depths of 15-20'. We caught 2 10-12" rainbows like this one:

on silver spoons. I also caught a nice walleye on that same spoon:

Sorry about the picture quality, I only had my phone again. Though the picture doesn't show it, the walleye was nice and healthy (not just a fish head). I lost about 4 other fish, one nice kokanee about 1' from the boat and a few others that got off as I was reeling them in. All fish were released. I would say that silver/blue lures at depths of around 20' are fairly productive right now. I also logged some sonar data which I can show later.

It was nice to be out on the water (finally). I have been working weekends the last few weeks since there has been so much going on at work. A fishing break was just what I needed!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Looks like a nice day on the lake, it suprises me how low the water levels get on some of these reserviours. Doesnt look like there was a ton of boat traffic either.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
we were at carter this afternoon and we caught a couple of dinky walleyes on bottom bouncers and caught a couple of trout while trolling cranks for white tips.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts