Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody! Been chasing browns and cuts up in the rivers with the whipping stick with limited success this fall. Gonna stay close to home and head out to Carter Lake on Thursday. I normally use the very sophisticated method of salmon eggs and worms hanging off the boat in 35 ft of water and I catch a fair amount. I was wondering if anyone had a better method for kokanees at carter lake?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hey everybody! Been chasing browns and cuts up in the rivers with the whipping stick with limited success this fall. Gonna stay close to home and head out to Carter Lake on Thursday. I normally use the very sophisticated method of salmon eggs and worms hanging off the boat in 35 ft of water and I catch a fair amount. I was wondering if anyone had a better method for kokanees at carter lake?
Dude if you are catching Kokanee at Carter... you are doing something special. Carter has ceased stocking of Kokanee for a few years now. They decided it was not a successful program for the Kokanee at Carter due to heavy predation by the Walleye. I dont doubt there may be a few in there... but don't go to Carter looking for Kokes and expect much

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude if you are catching Kokanee at Carter... you are doing something special. Carter has ceased stocking of Kokanee for a few years now. They decided it was not a successful program for the Kokanee at Carter due to heavy predation by the Walleye. I dont doubt there may be a few in there... but don't go to Carter looking for Kokes and expect much
I did not know that! I caught some a few years back but haven't really tried for any in the last few years. Guess I'll just have to target walleyes and brown trout. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Change of plans. We are heading to Elevenmile instead on Thursday. Hit me up if you see me out there. I'll be in a green and white 17 ft Sea Ray.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Change of plans. We are heading to Elevenmile instead on Thursday. Hit me up if you see me out there. I'll be in a green and white 17 ft Sea Ray.
Much better choice. Only better thing Carter has then 11 Mile is Walleye, way better options at 11 Mile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts