Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i forgot to post earlier that i went out to Carter again on saturday night for a little while. I fished the east side again, but it was one of those nights that was dead calm...not even the bugs were making any noise. i fished for a while with some jigs and leeches, switching back and forth from dark jigs to some that glowed. neither seemed to work, it was dead calm. when i left a few trout were working the surface, but they were out of casting range. so, in the end, i was skunked...

anyone out there fish Carter much? i talked to a few guys that were setting traps for crayfish...they said they caught alot of bass out there, but not too many walleyes. it seems they had the same luck with the crawdads as i was with the walleyes that night...nothing.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
is the walleye fishing there good yet last year i hammered them from july to september from shore on swim baits and crawlers and leeches most are small but i did catch a couple 18 inchers

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it has been good it hasnt been when i was there. ive seen one little walleye so far, but i havnt fished it too many times, or in too many different places...ill keep trying. which side do you usually hit it on? ive only been on the northeast side...not sure about other access areas.

T

·
0 Posts
rottal-
next time you want to go, give me some notice and we can go in my boat. we can jig for them on the ledges and rocks.
can you fish there at night?
i have never boated or fished there, but have visited the place to scope it out.
thom

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
It's been a while since I caught a walleye there, too. About 2 years ago, I caught a 21 incher, but haven't seen any since.

Believe it or not, I was one of the four boats on the lake today as well. It was raining on and off and very foggy (~50' visibility). Even though I had GPS, it was very disorienting and I had a hard time keeping the boat straight against the shoreline. I could not find any fish on the west side with the finder, but later saw some surface action on the north west side (near North Pines campground). There were no fish put in the livewell, however :'(.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
last october off the dam i snagged two huge wallayee when i was trying for some salmon one actually had my hook in its mouth, they both were around 6 pounds, i couldent beleive it, havent snagged a salmon there in two years, seen um but havent got one yet

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tomcat said:
rottal-
next time you want to go, give me some notice and we can go in my boat.  we can jig for them on the ledges and rocks.
can you fish there at night?
i have never boated or fished there, but have visited the place to scope it out.
thom
Yeah, i was thinking about you the other night when i saw some people cruise by doing just that---working the rocks with jigs. you can fish it all night as far as i know, but ill check into it for sure so we can get out there. i need someone to show me how to catch some walleyes....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts