Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search for this lake and everything is pretty old, not sure it is still accurate with water levels changing so much around here. At any rate, I have fished a lot up into the mountains and many times at pinewood and flatiron for trout. I really want to get into targeting walleye. I am not sure how much (if any) info I will get here but thought it was worth a try. I am clueless when it comes to this lke and this species. I will be fishing from shore as I have not had good luck when it comes to boats. Is there any spots where I can fish the water from shore. Looked like most of it was large drop offs when you get to the water? Might be other spots but not sure if they will hold walleye. I really do not even know where to start with this fish. Everything I have come across is for boating. Is it even possible with any technique from shore? Any information to help get me started is very much appreciated. I started to learn turkey hunting this year and got some great information from people that would get me started and did a lot of work to figure out the rest. Ended up a successful year. Hoping this will be the same! I know I am a little late for this too.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I feel like this sums up Carter pretty well.

Having said that, the lake has potential for the biggest walleye of your life. PM me if you want some details.

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Nice Terminator ref-
A lot of very good walleye anglers struggle badly at Carter-

Specially during the day in the summer-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am up for a challenge, I guess to get started maybe not the best body of water. I will just have to keep heading out and seeing what I can accomplish. Boots on the ground even not catching fish is valuable

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I am up for a challenge, I guess to get started maybe not the best body of water. I will just have to keep heading out and seeing what I can accomplish. Boots on the ground even not catching fish is valuable

Be prepared to be humbled by the almighty walleye. Expect night after night of skunks but stay dedicated.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
I KNOW NOTHING OF THIS LAKE BUT IF IT HOLDS WALLEYES, FROM SHORE YOUR BEST BET IS CASTING JERK BAITS AT NIGHT TILL IT GETS ICE, ONE OF MY FAVORITE LURES FOR THIS IS A ROGUE WITH BLUE BACK AND ORANGE BELLY

1 - 8 of 8 Posts