Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
anyone hear what the results of the tournament at Barr lake today?
Hey Glenn, my brother and I let 5 baby wipers go, and we finished 3rd. Had we not done that, we would have finished first. Really fun day, I shot terrible but my brother picked up the slack. Thanks Colorado Clays, Colorado Division of Parks and Recreation, and JR.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well congratulations on your finish and you should be commended for releasing those little wipers, must of been a hard decision.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
well congratulations on your finish and you should be commended for releasing those little wipers, must of been a hard decision.
Not that hard. I heard people say all wipers were ok before the start, I chose not to want it that bad.

COtroller, correct, the cast is fishing, the blast is shooting 50 sporting clay targets per person. The number of clay targets broke are added to the fish inches caught by each team.

We finished with 283 points, second place was 288 points, and Scott/Boe had 304.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
So how small were the baby wipers?

Did you have to kill them to enter them in the contest?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Nah Mark. It was a length tourney. I talked to Wilson on my way back and he made it sound like the wipers were released, most were just last years stocking.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Ours were in the 6-10 inch range. Had i not been born blonde and now have gray hair, I would have reviewed the regs and had them measured and released them.... I was happy to just be in the mix.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Haha! I was fishing with Wilson, at Jackson one day and didnt realize that you Terre, were the same one on here. Now I know. Still a good time fishing with Nate, I reckon?

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Yep, one and the same. My brother and I talked with Nate a little before and after the tournament. He does seem like a good guy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts