Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I apologize to anyone under the impression that I have some cat tips for you because that is not the case. What I'm really looking for is some tips from you guys. Now that the temperature is way past unbearable for me during the day I have shifted my fishing focus to night loving catfish. The only problem is that I really don't know what I'm doing and where to go. Here is my plan...let me know what you think.
Sticking close to home and going to CC tonight or tomarrow around 9 PM.
Planing on using a #4 eagle claw at the end of 24 inches of leader and a quarter ounce sliding weight.
Probably going to rig one pole with a nightcrawler and another with Berkley's power blood bait.
I'm thinking of fishing the west side of CC next to the picnic area but really have no idea of where to go.
This all seemed a little to simple to me but I know that the simple technique is often the best. I just wanted to make sure that I had some positive feedback before I head out. Otherwise I end up feeling like I'm in the wrong place with the wrong gear just wasting my time. Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i noticed that when you fish with j hooks they get gutted pretty easy, try using circle hooks, i use gamakatsu octopus #2's, i have never gotten gutted on them, they work great. they get a lil bit of getting used to your not suppose to set the hook, but once you get a hold of it they hook fish left and right.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
For bait nothing beats chicken liver for numbers of cats. You're lucky you don't have to deal with roundtail chubs over there on the east slope, over here they make chicken liver almost impossible to use because they hit it almost immediately.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well...I got skunked...at least I didn't get heat stroke or a sunburn. Got there around nine PM and left around two AM. Not even a bite otherwise I would have stayed longer. I think I was in the wrong spot but I don't know. I guess I'll try Chatfield next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts