Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's do this, gentlemen! no hitting below the belt and no insults.

I like keeping lakers, and walleyes. I still assert my beliefs that it hurts the fish when you pull them out of insane depths.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I thought you were against me Lakester!!! Your last comment seems to agree with my bitching about keeping panfish to get a piece of gum sized filet!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BBoat16 said:
I thought you were against me Lakester!!! Your last comment seems to agree with my *****ing about keeping panfish to get a piece of gum sized filet!!!!!!
a 6 inch perch is dinner to me. same with bluegills.

I don't keep guppies.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Tomorrow I go out and catch the smaller variety of panfish shown in a previous post say for instance at a place likt Chatfield Ponds. Do I keep them in order to help kill off the small perch? Or let it go hoping someday it will turn into something respectable?

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
BBoat16 said:
I thought you were against me Lakester!!! Your last comment seems to agree with my *****ing about keeping panfish to get a piece of gum sized filet!!!!!!
what if we were keeping them for bait for these!

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
what if i wanted to eat them?
what if i told u , i dont have a job, i needed to feed my daughter and wife! would u still say its bad? what kind of person are u?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well I actually am a counselor for the Colorado Indigent Care Program (CICP) and deal with people in that exact situation but worse every day.

·
Registered
234 Posts
As an example in the post I linked: 1,000 panfish kept a day...7,000 a week...(average ice fishing winter is 3.5 mos long and 4.3 weeks in a mo)...just over 30,000 a month...just over 105,000 pan fish kept during the ice fishing season. I could be way off but dont you think that has to have an impact on the fishery???

Now that Chatfield Ponds has been reported decent for perch just today - how many people are going to head there? And keep EVERY 3inch and up perch they catch? What impact would that have on the population?

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
BBoat16 said:
Now that Chatfield Ponds has been reported decent for perch just today - how many people are going to head there? And keep EVERY 3inch and up perch they catch?
Not very many!!! There might be 6,000+ members on here but how many read that post? and how many of those people fish for perch? and how many of those people live close to there?

I really don't think posting any "hot-spot" for any fish on here would make much difference at all!!

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
BBoat16 said:
As an example in the post I linked: 1,000 panfish kept a day...7,000 a week...(average ice fishing winter is 3.5 mos long and 4.3 weeks in a mo)...just over 30,000 a month...just over 105,000 pan fish kept during the ice fishing season. I could be way off but dont you think that has to have an impact on the fishery???

Now that Chatfield Ponds has been reported decent for perch just today - how many people are going to head there? And keep EVERY 3inch and up perch they catch? What impact would that have on the population?
well as far as those places, i dont know, but i can tell u this, most people dont go out and just hammer as many panfish as they want, and im sure it wont hurt the small body of water i was fishing today, who knows it could be different than the last twenty years that ive been fishing it!!!!! only time will tell, heres the funny part about all of this, i dident keep any of the fish ythat were caught today, they were given to a freind of mine!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Then if not many people read the threads or if it doesn't make a difference and not many people fish for perch - why did the author of the post today not tell where he was fishing AND photoshop the background???????? So we would find it fun to guess where he was?

I disagree with your statement.

·
Registered
234 Posts
"I really don't think posting any "hot-spot" for any fish on here would make much difference at all!!"

Ummmmmmmmmmm....... ok

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
BBoat16 said:
Then if not many people read the threads or if it doesn't make a difference and not many people fish for perch - why did the author of the post today not tell where he was fishing AND photoshop the background???????? So we would find it fun to guess where he was?

I disagree with your statement.
because i told him too!
it does make a difference!
this small pond could not handle the fishing persure!
but it works out great for me! >:D

·
Registered
24,499 Posts
I really don't think posting any "hot-spot" for any fish on here would make much difference at all!!
I do think if it is a small pond and you announce where it is the population can be harmed...I had a favorite saugeye honey hole...I made the mistake of naming it on here...it got over harvested...hard to find decent saugeyes in there now...I will still make the report...saying it is a Denver metro area pond...but I wont name it or give instructions on how to get there...the small places cannot take the pressure...

1 - 20 of 80 Posts