Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Man, you shall now be known as a big fish whisperer!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Totally awesome brown .

Congrats !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Appreciate that Pistoldog! Definitely a moment I'll never forget. And definitely needed a positive moment like this given all the stuff going on in the world right now. Stay safe and hope you're getting out there fishing! thanks again, dan

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Appreciate that Waterfowler. A fish of a lifetime (for me anyways :))!!

Thanks much for watching, dan

Really enjoyed the video, some nice fish. (But I can’t seem to get the volume to work on my phone today).

Love when the tail slaps the camera just about as it looks to slide back out of the net (because it’s too big!)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really enjoyed the video, some nice fish. (But I can’t seem to get the volume to work on my phone today).

Love when the tail slaps the camera just about as it looks to slide back out of the net (because it’s too big!)

One of my favorite shots too! My net is 20" in length opening ... and he was busting out both ends. Close to 30 incher I'm guessing and had to use 2 hands to hold the net up because he was definitely gonna spill out :) Might just hang up the fly fishing rod because not sure I can ever pull off a stunt like that again :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Great video and that brown was absolutely epic! The other fish were great too but that brown........lol! Thanks for sharing with us!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great video and that brown was absolutely epic! The other fish were great too but that brown........lol! Thanks for sharing with us!
Thanks Team Coff! And totally with ya, any other day those others I caught would've qualified for an epic day on their own. But that brown, that was a gamechanger for me!!!! Thanks man, always appreciate your comments and support!

·
Registered
673 Posts
lol, nah, that's Colorado Wildlife Mike :) I'm just a wannabe!!! Thanks as always my buddy!
I respectfully disagree. As someone that fishes with you, I know you put a lot of hard work with scouting and studying a water and adjust to what you need to do in order to target the big girls.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Loved the colors on that brown, the bright tan and the red spotting. Just beautiful. Still going with the Euro-nymphing style it looks like. I have tried it, but can't seem to figure out exactly how it is supposed to work...and I have been fly fishing for a loooonnnnnng, time. Anyway, great day on the water. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Loved the colors on that brown, the bright tan and the red spotting. Just beautiful. Still going with the Euro-nymphing style it looks like. I have tried it, but can't seem to figure out exactly how it is supposed to work...and I have been fly fishing for a loooonnnnnng, time. Anyway, great day on the water. Congrats and thanks for sharing.
Lol, I completely understand the Euro struggles. I've regressed lately myself. Funny how some days I'm feeling it with my Euro setup, and other days I feel like I'm brand new to fly fishing. I've actually started blocking out time where I force myself to fish Euro style so that I can keep improving. I'm also being pretty selective about the type of water where I bust it out. Generally has to be fast moving, and preferably pocket water :) Really appreciate the comment and still dreaming of that brown! Thanks again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts