Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
TL,

In this forum I have heard guys talk about Pueblo Reservoir for Catfish. Do a search at the top and see some of the comments and places to fish...Good Fishing. By the way what was the biggest Trout you caught up at Catamount?

TH

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Maybe a cutbow (Cutthroat Rainbow Hybid)? did it look like a rainbow however have a orange slit? most likely a cutbow...If had alot of spots and no red line (like rainbow) horizontally down the middle....Maybe a Snake River Cutthroat...

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Catamount Reservoirs, North & South - Fishing at North Catamount, restricted to flies and lures only, is good for rainbow trout of 12-15 inches. Fishing as South Catamount, where bait can be used, is good for 10-inch stocked rainbows. Anglers have also reported hooking -- and often losing -- a few big lakers. Water levels are high and both lakes have had little fishing pressure over the past couple of years, allowing trout to grow undisturbed. A fee is required to fish in the North Slope Recreation Area. Access is on the Pikes Peak Highway from sunrise to sunset, May 1-Sept. 30. Due to steep grades, motor homes are not permitted.

Does not say Catch and Release...So I think you safe however it is always a good bet to ask the ranger as you enter and pay your fees what the regs are. Or look for the Message Board where it will tell you the regs...I think the are harvested fishing lakes...Anyone else know for sure?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
check out this link also does not state catch and release:
http://www.springsgov.com/Page.asp?NavID=398

Below are a couple of quotes found doing a search of this forum:

Tim-COS said:
Awesome!!! Cuttys are the BEST! I caught a bunch of them out of North Catamount a couple weeks ago, but they sure didn't look like those! That Brookie sure is nice looking too.. you sure can tell from your picture that the Brookie isn't even a trout, but a member of the Char family...
jeremycallahan said:
I have heard people mentioning they caught cutbows. I am not quite sure how to tell the difference between them and regular rainbows. But today at south catamount, i caught two "rainbows" but they had redish fins like and their bellies were more of a yellowish color the the white on stockers. They also had that redish slash on their throats like a cut throat. Are these the cutbows people talk about? They were pretty good in size about 14-15 inches and nice and pink meat on the inside. You could see that they were different from the rest of the bows we caught today. Sorry, didnt take a picture of them :(
Tim-COS said:
Got some good fish up at North Catamount. Caught 7 Lake trout on Tube jigs and probably 15 or so Cutties and Rainbows fishing from the bank. All released, but it sure was fun! Lakers were all about the same at 18-19". The trout ran around 11"-14". They sure put up a good battle for their size! Also, the stocking trucks showed up today and put several thousand fish up at the head of the lake. If you wanted to hike that far I'll bet you could get them on almost every cast....
Hope this helps..

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.